- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello! My name is Artem Kolesov and I'm 22 years old. I'm a second year Masters student at Roosevelt University majoring in Violin Performance.
I am passionate about teaching because I believe education and willingness to learn is an extremely important factor for personal development and success.
I was born and raised in Saint Petersburg, Russia and underwent intensive training in Voice, Violin and Piano. After winning the Frieburg Intenational Violin Competition in 2010, I was offered a full scholarship to study music at Dalhousie University at the age of sixteen. After moving to Canada I had to go through a 9-month intensive english learning program, so I know first hand how difficult it can be to learn a new language. This experience helped me understand the struggles that any ESL student goes through and discover new ways to teach my first language to others.
I am excited to get to know you and share my knowledge with you!
· Russian · Online Artem was incredibly helpful when I was taking my Russian classes. My parents never taught me and I finally decided to learn so I could converse with my grandparents.
Artem was amazing at showing me how to speak naturally and fluently without ever getting impatient with me. I would highly recommend him to anyone who wants to learn.
· Violin · In studio Artem is a wonderful violin teacher! He makes it a pleasure to go to lessons and is always in a good mood.
· Russian · Online He helped me develop my ability to speak Russian without ever putting me down. I've had many Russian teachers and he's by far the nicest I've ever had. I feel like I learned a lot
· English · Online Artem has helped me so much with writing my essays and improving my english skills. I would say that I was only able to pass my high school english thanks to him.
I loved how easy he makes everything seem by breaking down complex ideas into much easier and simpler concepts. I highly recommend him!
· Piano · In studio Artem is knowledable, experienced and very friendly. His feedback is always thoughtful yet detailed and critical. My performance skills have improved substantially as a result of studying with him. He also always encouraged me during lessons to think independently and develop my own artistic voice.
· Violin · In home Eventhough I began to study violin with Artem at a very low level, he made me feel welcomed into the music world. He was very patient with me and tried to work with my skill level. I also took Russian with him, I highly recommend both.