- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Arlette C. grew up and attended schools in Culver City, California. She attended Los Angeles Valley College where she received an Associate of Arts degree in Music. She then received a partial scholarship and received the Margaret Aue Award for outstanding cellist while attending California State University at Northridge, where she received a Bachelor of Music degree in cello performance. She went on to attend University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, with a full scholarship and graduated with a Master of Music degree in cello performance.
After her graduation in 1984, she toured Europe for eight months playing cello with the Schatz Theater Group, an American opera company. Upon her return from Europe, she was hired to play in various orchestras in Michigan. In 1991, she returned to California and was named Operations Manager with the Inland Empire Symphony Orchestra in San Bernardino. In 1994, she moved back to Culver City, where she began to work for Cedars Sinai Medical Center in 1997. Noticing the lack of any significant orchestra in Culver City she founded the Culver City Chamber Orchestra, with a mission of developing classical music interest in young audiences.
After she founded the Culver City Chamber Orchestra in 1997, she created the Just For Kids Youth Symphony Orchestra (2006-2008). With the Just For Kids group, she taught music fundamentals, music history, musicianship, and orchestral repertoire.
Ms. Arlette as well is the Founder and Music Director of her own orchestra and has attended several conducting workshops throughout the United States hosted by world renowned teachers such as Harold Faberman, Apo Hsu, Eduardo Navega, Marin Alsop, Lawrence Golan, Leonard Slatkin, Christoph Eschenbach, Otto Werner-Mueller, and Daniel Lewis. Her current conducting coach is Mr. John Koshak.
She has taught at Bloom School of Music In 2013. She is successfully conducting with the Culver City Chamber Orchestra, and is a free-lance cellist, and holds two wonderful cello studios in Culver City and Reseda.
*** Lesson Details ***
My lessons are fun and entertaining, but you (the student) will always learn something). You will first learn the basics like posture, sitting properly, cello basics, then we actually play the cello. Yeah!!!! You play a line or two or three, then we play together!!! We do this a couple of times with several different fingers on the strings so you can get used to it. Repeating this over and over gives you lots of confidence and mastery!!!
At the 6 month mark I hold a recital for all my students who must participate so that I and your parents can see the progress you have made in these 6 months. And both you and I should be very proud of the work You have put into playing the cello!!!
*** Specialties ***
Methods I teach are traditional scales, etudes, broken thirds and easy pieces to difficult ones. Styles I keep range from the entire classical era from Bach to 21st century music to Broadway and some jazz.
I have been teaching for 18 years and I have been playing the cello for nearly 28 years and I have been conducting since 1998. So I am a well rounded musician, with lots of knowledge to pass on to my students. I love to experience the message of music and to help my students excel in whatever capacity they may need.
MTAC aspires to be the recognized leader in (1) Student Programs, which make a positive impact in the quality of music education and in the lives of music students; (2) Member Programs, which inspire quality teaching, the pursuit of ongoing teacher education and member involvement with community outreach; (3) a thriving Foundation, which funds Student Programs and member needs through its investments, donations, and grants.
The American String Teachers Association, founded more than 60 years ago, is a membership organization for string and orchestra teachers and players, helping them to develop and refine their careers. ASTA's members range from budding student teachers to artist-status performers. The organization provides a vast array of services, including instrument insurance, an award-winning scholarly journal, discounts on publications and resources, annual professional development opportunities, and access to collegial network of colleagues throughout the string profession.
· Cello · In studio Amazing teacher and so nice! :)
· Cello · In studio I am a now heading off to be a freshman in college after studying with Arlette for over ten years. I began as a shy six year old and can say I am so glad my mother encouraged me to study cello with Arlette. Arlette is both patient and stern in her teaching style. Every criticism was constructive and every praise warm and ernest. She helped me not only in my studies as a solo cellist, but as an orchestral cellist as well. I am so grateful and happy I to have studied with Arlette and encourage all those young (or older) cellists, whether they are beginning or more advanced, to study with Arlette.
· Cello · Online Fantastic Lesson!
· Music Performance · Online Great lessons!
· Cello · In studio Fabulous cello teacher!!! We are so pleased that our daughter is taking lessons from Arlette. When our daughter wanted to learn cello (2 years ago), Arlette came highly recommended. We were not disappointed! Arlette teaches all aspects of playing the cello, including music theory, and developing musically. She's passionate, caring, patient every step of the way, inspirational, and makes it so much fun!--consequently, my girl recently auditioned and was accepted to play in a high school orchestra (she's a middle school student). She loves playing cello!
· Cello · In home Arlette is a wonderful teacher and has really clicked with my daughter. My daughter looks forward to her lesson each week. She is teaching her how to read and understand the music as well as how to play the cello. Here sessions are very relaxed and fun and I am confident that my daughter will not only learn how to play the cello, but love playing the cello. I can see how she passes that passion on to the student. If you are looking for a fun, passionate and well education teacher to work with your children, she is the one.
· Cello · In studio I first began studying with Arlette when I was a young girl who knew nothing about reading music. She was an amazing teacher for me as a young girl, and continued to be as I grew up. Arlette has taught me and helped me hone my technique and musicality, from the beginning before I could hold a bow through the years and improvements.
- A. Lorenzo (pupil)
· Cello · In studio Arlette is the consummate professional. She is very passionate musician. She loves teaching, and watching each of her students improve each week. As a cellists she plays all over the Los Angeles area in various Orchestras. She is the Founder and Music Director of her own orchestra Culver City Chamber Orchestra.
Arlette loves to teach and as I watch her teaching she enjoys her students and she makes fell comfortable and relax during their lesson. This is why at the end do 6 months there're is a recital and they all have improved so well.
Without a doubt she is a great teacher!!!!