- Teaches students:
- Ages 5 to 85 and special needs
- Teaching since:
I am a guitarist, bassist, writer and composer based in South Brooklyn. With international touring experience, songs licensed to film and television, and a degree from The New School, I have an approach that is both holistic and comprehensive. I am easygoing, adaptable and excited to approach music education from an inclusive angle!
I teach students of all ages, and have given an average of 40 lessons per week in a variety of formats (private, group, after school programs, online). My tastes in music are as varied as my experiences - nothing is off limits and everything has the potential to teach us both something.
I own and operate an independent music collective/label with a focus on thoughtful rock, pop and R&B. We are adept at finding the right team for our artists, and have had success in music and video production, national touring, marketing and branding, and licensing. I'm currently a member of 3 original bands and have continued to do an array of session work on both guitar and bass.
I am endorsed by Lakland basses and am a member of SESAC. I love coffee, chocolate, and like my eggs over medium.
• Private instruction to students of all ages, focusing on rhythm and lead technique, music theory, sight-reading, ear training, proper practice routines, songwriting, song analysis, improvisation
• Workshops with Berklee Woodwinds Week, Brooklyn Emerging Artists Camp
• Guitarist on Berklee Press/Hal Leonard’s 'Metal Basslines' instructional book (2015)
• Weekly workshops with teens at W.E.B. Dubois HS, Crown Heights, and W.H. Maxwell Career in Brownsville, focusing on collaboration and songwriting using the MIMA Method
• Helped students write, record and perform original compositions
• Interfaced with school administrators and fellow MIMA teachers
• Taught students ages 6-15 sight-reading, ensemble and individual performance skills, ear training, music theory
• Reported to parents about student progress, personal goals and practicing structure; collaborated with other instructors and administration
• Taught students ages 7-45 sight-reading, ensemble and individual performance skills, proper practice routines, ear training, music theory, songwriting; assisted and accompanied student recital
• Musical instrument and literature sales
SoundExchange helps the music and creative community thrive in the digital age. SoundExchange is the independent nonprofit collective management organization that collects and distributes digital performance royalties to featured artists and copyright holders.
We represent recording artists – from unsigned a cappella to acid rock to multi-platinum stars and master rights owners including major and independent record labels. It’s our job to ensure that these artists and copyright holders are compensated when their work is broadcast by non-interactive digital radio.
Fantastic and versatile teacher, able to cover all styles comfortably. Definitely recommended for in-home lessons for adults or kids. Relaxed & easygoing, Ari can also push when you need to get over that next practice hurdle. Super nice guy and great teacher.+ Read More
Wonderful teacher. Creative patient and kind
Ari is very knowledgable but presents information in a relaxed, approachable way. It's obvious that he really enjoys teaching and his low key manner makes students feel at ease. Highly recommended!