- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I received an MFA in Acting from the Shakespeare Theatre Company’s Academy for Classical Acting at The George Washington University, a BA in Theatre from Florida State University, and have worked professionally with Off-Broadway, International, and Regional credits.
An actor makes many personal and professional discoveries on the way toward fulfilling his/her artistic goals. He/she may get disenchanted by the nature of a competitive and challenging industry. But when we dedicate our focus to the craft itself, the journey becomes surprisingly rewarding and exciting!
Whether you are beginner or experienced, we will work to confront the obstacles and emotional blocks that get in your way by building and refining your technique, helping you feel more confident, prepared, and excited about the work you create!
The goal is to help you build a solid technique in voice & diction, physicalization & movement, spontaneity & improvisation so that you illuminate your natural talents and present your best self in the audition room, in rehearsal, and eventually in performance!
Educational Outreach Program:
-Teach Shakespeare Workshops in NYC (Middle/High School Students)
-Introduce principles of Acting Shakespeare & Text Exploration
-Teach students of all ages (Acting/Shakespeare/Audition Technique)
-Taught Shakespeare Workshops to students of all ages (NY,NJ,CT)
-Designed & Taught interactive Shakespeare workshops to students of all ages (NYC) through exploring Shakespeare's sonnets
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
· Shakespearean Acting · In studio Anthony Michael is very skilled and adept at working with Shakespeare. He is patient and focused, and allowed me to find the sense of the piece together. I would highly recommend him!
· Acting · In studio My experience with Anthony has helped me to push myself to limits that I could have never imagined, He has given me monologues that i would never have had the courage to even attempt. From our first meeting he fully immersed himself into getting to know me as a person finding out my strength and weakness as an artiste.
He has shown me how very important it is to have technical training, that it can only enhance the natural talents that I have. He is caring, stern in the fact that he makes you work the full time you are with him. He is an incredible support system a great encourager, I'm looking forward to what the future holds for my acting career now!!
· Acting · I have had the unique experience of working with Anthony Michael Martinez as both a teacher/coach and fellow teacher. He has coached me in private sessions on multiple Shakespeare monologues and contemporary pieces. He had an incredible ability to explain various acting adjustments and helps to bring the best out of the performances and performers. I always feel confident after working with Anthony, and he makes each session fun and full of energy. Similarly, as a fellow teacher, Anthony can adapt to any situation, student or class size. He is energetic, articulate, and has an incredible sense of humor with students and teachers. He is an ideal fellow teacher.
· Shakespearean Acting · In studio I've had the pleasure of working with Anthony for almost a year now and it has been the best decision I've ever made. Anthony is the type of teacher that knows your potential and will do everything he can to push your skills to the next level. He challenged me on my diction, reading lines out-loud, and taught me techniques on how to understand the character I was playing in ways I never would have thought. I can't say enough amazing things about him!
· Shakespearean Acting · In studio Michael is a fantastic teacher! He helped me work on my Cleopatra among other great characters. He is focused, knowledgeable, passionate and has a profound manner in making the text accessible-current and personal. I used to have difficulty relating to a piece, the language intimidated me. Michael helped me to make the text my own, coming from my own heart. It changed how I worked on everything, both classical and modern.