- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have over 20 years of experience in teaching viola and violin students of all ages and levels. And I have knowledge of Piano and Music Theory as well. I have been a member of MTAC (Music Teachers’ Association of California) since 2005, and I currently serve as string chair as well as first vice president of South Coast Branch - MTAC. I am also a member of SYMF (Southwestern Youth Music Festival), so I enter many talented students pursuing music into the CM (Certificate of Merit) test, violin or viola competitions and auditions every year.
Anna K. performs extensively as soloist, chamber and orchestral musician. Ms K. has served as a director of the Orange County Chamber Ensemble from 2003 to 2012, and has appeared as a soloist with numerous orchestras in Korea, Europe, Japan, and more recently in US. She has performed as a principal violist with Seoul National Symphony Orchestra, Orange County Chamber Ensemble, and Southern California Chamber Orchestra. She has also appeared as guest principal violist with Los Angeles Korean Philharmonic Orchestra and California Central Philharmonic Orchestra. In September of 2002, Anna performed for the Concert called “Synergy” with Los Angeles Philharmonic directed by Esa-Pekka Salonen. In addition to being an active performer, Ms K. has established herself as an educator. Since 1992, she has been teaching students, and has served for 7 years as the string instructor of Amateur Orchestra at Seoul Women’s University in Korea. Besides her teaching career, she has served as chair of “Contemporary Flare Festival” from 2010 to 2012 and the SWV (Strings/Winds/Voice) Competition from 2012 to 2015 in South Coast Branch, MTAC (Music Teachers’ Association of California). Currently, she serves as string chair as well as vice president of South Coast Branch, MTAC (Music Teachers’ Association of California). Anna K. received her Master’s degree in music from University of Southern California (USC) . She has studied with Haeyoung Baik, Seongryong Choi, Chan-Ju Wee, Pamela Goldsmith, and Donald McInnes.
MTAC aspires to be the recognized leader in (1) Student Programs, which make a positive impact in the quality of music education and in the lives of music students; (2) Member Programs, which inspire quality teaching, the pursuit of ongoing teacher education and member involvement with community outreach; (3) a thriving Foundation, which funds Student Programs and member needs through its investments, donations, and grants.
· Viola · In home My daughter had a very good experience with Anna. She is a knowledgeable and skilled instructor. Highly recommend!
· Violin · In studio As a brand new adult student, I had concerns that I could find an instructor who could work with my sometimes-busy schedule. Anna enthusiastically agreed to teach me though, and after almost a year of taking lessons with her I've seen great progress! Anna shares her wealth of knowledge in a friendly and encouraging manner, and has happily tailored my curriculum to fit my interests. I'd highly recommend her to any student, without hesitation!
· Viola · In home very detailed and patient with student
· Viola · In studio Anna is a great teacher! My son really enjoys the lessons, and after just a few weeks said that he has already learned many useful things to improve his viola playing.
· Viola · Online Teacher Anna is very enthusiastic and always makes an effort to help out my son to achieve his goals. My 17 year old son has made a significant improvement in his viola playing since he started taking viola lessons with Anna. I am so glad to see such a big progress in a short period of time. We are very grateful to Anna for her help and efforts.
· Viola · In studio Anna is a teacher who always motivates student throughout her classes to get interested in music and to practice violin more. She has been a wonderful and attentive teacher to my daughter. I highly recommend her!
· Violin · In studio Ive been playing the violin for about 10+ years but never had a proper instructor before. Anna showed me proper technique and reinforced the basics to help me produce better tone and quality in my playing. After just one week I can confidently see and show major improvements in my playing!
· Violin · In home Excellent
· Viola · In home Friendly and very helpful!
· Viola · In studio Anna is an exceptional and outstanding teacher.
My 11-year old son and 16-year old daughter have been taking viola and violin lessons from her for several years. I have seen a tremendous improvement in both my children since they started taking lessons with her. She has complete in-depth knowledge of music that she strives to share with her students.
Her teaching style has been extremely helpful and effective. She adapts her teaching method to suit each individual in order to meet the needs of students and objectives to be achieved. So her lessons have been a tremendous help to develop my children's techniques, performance skills, musical knowledge, and confidence.
Also she is an inspiring and encouraging teacher who really cares about her students and has great enthusiasm for teaching. I would recommend her to anyone without hesitation!!!