- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi! My name is Angela, and I teach private piano, voice, and theory lessons. I love teaching, and have taught many ages (3 to 93) and ability levels (novice to advanced). I am a dependable, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic teacher. I offer lessons for 30, 45, or 60-minute weekly sessions in my home studio. I do not offer bi-weekly lessons or lessons in the student's home.
My home is a split-level, with my private living area above and my music studio below. There is a waiting area just outside the music studio, as well as a half-bath specifically designated for students and parents. The studio itself contains a piano and organ, my personal music library, and additional seating for parents. There is a full-length mirror for vocal students to watch their performance skills grow, and a gumball machine for when younger students have an exceptionally good lesson.
Making music is a skill which can bring lifelong joy to the musician as well as everyone around them. While I can easily ensure that my students enjoy music-making while they are taking lessons, my ultimate goal is that students continue to want to make music throughout their entire life, even after they stop taking lessons. I firmly believe that my job as a teacher is to train my students to be independent and self-sufficient musicians. Many teachers teach by rote, playing a passage to a student and then having the student play it back. Though this method is helpful in some situations, students who are taught in this manner often find that they are only able to play the songs taught to them in lessons, and that to learn a new song they must have a teacher by their side showing them how the song goes. In my lessons, however, students are taught to learn their own music through sight-reading, ear-training, music theory, and listening to and critiquing their own playing. Over time, this allows the student more and more freedom to make music without a teacher.
Provide private piano and voice lessons to students of all ages and abilities.
Tailor lessons to each individual student's needs and goals.
Communicate clearly and effectively with students and parents about assignments and scheduling concerns.
Plan and prepare students for up to eight recitals per year, as well as outside auditions, performances, competitions, and talent shows.
Plan and lead sectional rehearsals both in and outside of regular chorus rehearsals.
Lead warm-ups for the entire chorus at least once per month.
Provide individual attention and feedback to each member of my section.
Create learning tracks and tools for my section as needed.
Create and implement lesson plans for music students grades K-5.
Provide individual feedback and instruction on music reading, music history, and performance techniques.
Teach students proper playing methods for guitar, keyboard, xylophone, recorder, and drums, while still allowing for individual expressiveness and musicality.
Plan and produce several performances, talent shows, and recitals, including writing and directing two new musicals.
Observe all class meetings, proctor exams, and meet with students outside of class.
Plan lessons and lead class when the professor is absent.
Grade all student work, maintain accurate records of student attendance and grades, and tabulate final grades.
Plan and implement lessons to teach sight singing and rhythm reading, as well as intervallic, melodic, and harmonic dictation to undergraduate students.
Evaluate students weekly, maintain accurate record of class attendance and student achievement, and provide final grade for semester.
Maintain clear communication with students about their assignments and current grade in the class, and meet with students outside of class.
Collaborate with my fellow aural training instructors and our supervisor to develop curriculum, plan lessons, schedule evaluations, and improve our teaching skills.
Take on a leadership role in my section, setting an example for my fellow choir members.
Lead sectional rehearsals for sopranos, altos, or both.
Occasionally lead full choir in warm-ups or in a full rehearsal.
Prepare and lead daily warm-us for full ensemble.
Be prepared at all times to lead sectionals for any voice part on any piece.
Plan and lead full rehearsals in the professor's absence.
Conduct performances in the professor's absence.
Take on all the responsibilities of a full choir professor for a short time.
Choose repertoire, plan rehearsals, take attendance, lead warm-ups, direct rehearsals, and conduct the full choir in performance.
Utilize video recording, journaling, and input from my professors, classmates, and fellow student conductors to improve my teaching and leadership skills.
I am currently certified to teach music to all ages in the state of Missouri.
· Singing · In studio She was great! My son loved it!
· Piano · In studio Having piano lessons with Ms. Angela is the most cheerful event for both of my kids, their favorite teacher of all! They also love Ms. Angela's beautiful voice too.
· Singing · In home Great first lesson!
· Piano · In home She has great knowledge, patience, and positive reinforcer. It was a very nice experience.
· Singing · In studio My daughter is supper happy with knowing her interest & I am happy to see her practicing all the day as directed by Angela !
· Singing · In home During my first lesson with Angela, I had fun, learned a lot, and had some great feedback and homework. Definitely exceeded expectations and looking forward to more lessons! Christen
· Piano · In home It was a awsome experience 😊
· Piano · In home It was a awsome experience 😊
· · In studio Angela is super friendly and really knows how to explain proper singing techniques in a way that makes sense. She is also great at listening to her students' needs and concerns and lets the students pick which songs they would like to work on.
· Piano · In home Kyan was excited about his first lesson. Looking forward to the next one