As a classically trained vocalist and graduate of Berklee College of Music and a professional jazz vocalist, I specialize in utilizing contemporary repertoire as a vehicle for teaching solid technique. Depending on the individual goals of the student, lessons can consist of any combination of the following: technique, music theory, sight reading, vocal workouts, diction, interpretation, stage presence, leading a band, etc.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Living room w/ digital piano, ipad and speaker system and seating for parents. Mic and PA available for use for more advanced students when needed.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I bring method books (when applicable) and my ipad, and students/parents provide wifi connection. Optional equipment to provide: connection to speakers for more amplified sound.
*** Specialties ***
As a graduate of Berklee College of Music, I specialize in popular music. My greatest area of expertise is jazz, though I am well versed in a number of genres including pop, R&B, musical theater, etc. I also have experience in working with very young children.
The children at the Montessori school study both vocal music/music and movement and violin, and I am responsible for the former of the two. We sing a variety of songs, both in English and French, and put on quarterly performances for the parents.
Professional jazz vocalist, working with various local groups as well as leading my own band in San Diego since 2003. Released independent album in 2004. Voice teacher working both privately and as an independent contractor for several local music education facilities.
I created and implemented my own music and movement curriculum incorporating singing, dancing and basic rhythm instruments. Each semester we put together a program of music for a performance for the parents of the students.
Voice classes are taught in a small group, workshop-style format for children age 5-18. Recitals are held twice annually and incorporate both solo and group performances. A new preschool music program is currently in the works.
The group voice class is designed to build confidence in young performers through gaining control of the voice and gaining stage performance experience. Basic concepts of technique and repertoire selection are taught and recitals take place at the end of each 20 week session.
Independently contracted by this company, I led preschool music classes in a "mommy and me" format at a local community center. Each session lasts 10 weeks.
Private voice instructor, working both in the studio and in the homes of students. Independently contracted by this company until its closure in 2013, I still work with several students acquired through this program.
Using an established curriculum, lead classes for children age 1-5, grouped by age. Depending on age of students, classes incorporate basic music and movement, rhythm, pitch recognition, and fundamentals of written music.
· Singing · In studio I know I'm just a beginner, but she over exceeded my expectations, she was very involved
· Jazz Voice · In studio Amelia took the time to read my structure from the inside out and I really enjoy working with her. It's a very detail oriented experience which helps build confidence and structure from within so I'm developing good natural habits and not thinking too much while I sing other than my expression. Fantastic!
· Vocal Training · In studio Amelia is a wonderful and effective teacher with years of experience and a beautiful voice. I am still a beginner and have always wanted to grow with my singing abilities. Amelia is able to listen and understand where I am on my learning curve and explain concepts that are easy to understand and put into motion. I am very happy with the lessons and feel more confident in my voice after each session.
· · She was good! Recommend!
· Singing · In studio I love Amelia! She lets each student learn at their own pace through their own choice of song. Absolutely no required repertoire, just suggestions on what a student can work on. Amelia may want a student to practice vocal runs; that student can pick ANY song from ANY genre so long as it contains the technique. Her lessons are tailored to each student!
· Singing · In studio Amelia is an awesome instructor! I feel like I've learned so much and it's fun as well! She knows her stuff! I will definitely keep coming back !
· Music Performance · In studio Amelia taught my daughter voice lessons particularly to prepare her for a musical performance for a school Glee Musicale theater show. We were very happy and satisfied with her classes. My daughter had fun being taught by Amelia and learned so much. She's an awesome teacher!
· Vocal Training · In studio Helps you properly sing without damaging your vocal cords
· Singing · In studio Amelia has been a wonderful teacher! She is very patient in working with both my daughter & myself. She really helps you grasp the nuances of the song you're working on to bring out the best of your vocal abilities. We've thoroughly enjoyed working with her.
· Singing · In studio Amelia is an accomplished singer and has been helping my daughter better learn proper technique for using her voice while making it fun for her. I enjoy watching my daughter improve under Amelia's coaching.