Ask me: What is the music in my life? And I'll tell you - Music is everything! Having captured my heart since childhood, music still captivates me in its endless vistas. In my childhood I had a small model of a real piano and used to insert the sheets on the music stand and setting the dolls in front as an audience imagined myself giving concerts. Musical art was for me not just a fad - the music became my profession. Piano is amazing and is the perfect tool with which you can create a variety of images and indulge in any mood - with it you can share sadness and joy, talk about anything. I would be happy to introduce you to the multifaceted and vast expanses of the art of playing the piano.
Alina U an accomplished Ukrainian born pianist, teacher, chamber performer and accompanist. She has appeared on different performing venues in Ukraine, Egypt, Spain, Morocco and US.
Alina’s desire to become an artist came at an early age. She performed songs and poetry at all family events, but her dream was to learn how to play the piano. She had a small model of a real piano and she used to insert the sheets on the music stand and setting the dolls in front as an audience imagined herself giving concerts.
She began her piano studies at the age of 7 at the Children Musical School No.1 in Sumy, Ukraine and gave her first solo recital ‘’Evening of Waltzes’’ at the age of 11. Alina continued her education with D. Bortnianskiy High School of Arts and Culture, Sumy, Ukraine, were she got an Associate degree in Music Art. Through education in National P.I. Tchaikovsky National Music Academy of Ukraine in the class of distinguished pianist Lyudmila Martcevich. Ms. U. was performing at National Philharmonic of Ukraine, National P.I. Tchaikovsky Music Academy of Ukraine, Kiev’s House of Teachers and National Museum of Literature in Ukraine and many others. While studying in Ukraine Ms. U. was participating in numerous regional and national competitions and festivals.
Throughout her studies, Alina had the opportunity of working with a number of distinguished piano teachers such as Valentina Skoromnaya, Nelli Ldova, Aleksandr Ldov, Lyudmila Martcevich, Nancy Weems, Timothy Hester, and Brian Suit. Ms. U. also participated in master classes with Michail Stepanenko, Alla Zadirackaya, Iya Pavlova, Cristina Capparelli Gerling and others prominent musicians.
Ms. U. holds a Master’s degree in Applied Piano Performance from Moores School of Music, University of Houston. From Tchaikovsky National Music Academy of Ukraine she holds a second Master’s degree, major in Piano Performance and minor in Piano Pedagogy, Chamber Ensemble, and Accompaniment.
Ms. U. has taught for over 17 years. Her pedagogical experience includes teaching the students of all ages and all skill levels, from five years old to adult, from beginner to advance players. Beside her pedagogical carrier in US as well in her native Ukraine, Alina also taught the piano in Egypt and Morocco. Her passion to provide the best knowledge to each student’s needs and abilities. This allows her to tailor each lesson accordingly to each student. Her goal is to enrich the lives of children and others by providing the understanding of music, fostering the enjoyment and inspiring musical imagination.
Ms. U. currently is a member of faculty in International Music Academy and St. Andrew School of Art.
The teaching methods focus on nurturing and developing the talents and musical abilities of each student by providing a well-rounded musical education. It incorporates principles and techniques of the Russian classical piano school, and includes repertoire from different styles of music, such as jazz, pop, folk, etc. Classically trained students develop the highest level of skill and ability on their instrument, and acquire a superior knowledge of music in general. An essential element of teaching is to develop a comprehensive knowledge of musical content, such as note reading, rhythm, harmony, structural analysis and many other aspects of music and its components. More comprehensive instruction in music theory and ear-training, already integrated into piano lessons, is offered in separate classes as well.
*** Practice guidance and expectations***
- Lesson’s regular attendance is very important to ensure student success.
- In order to progress satisfactorily, daily quality practice is necessary and required. Students should practice each day for the length of their lesson.
-Detailed assignments for each piece will be written weekly in student’s notebook. To help your child develop self-discipline and good practice habits, schedule a regular time for practice each day. The practice session can be done all at once or divided into two or more sessions. Younger children especially need help with their practicing.
-The practice environment should be treated as a studying place free from interruptions (family, friends, TV, phone, tablet, computer, etc.). Parents support and cooperation is a must for a child's musical growth.
*** Parental Responsibilities***
- Encourage progress! Many small steps throughout the year yield great results. Important note: Sometime during the course of taking piano lessons, your child may say something like, “I don’t want to practice,” or “I’m too tired to go to piano lessons,” or “I don’t want to go- I want to play with my friends,” “I want to quit,” etc. Just be aware that your child’s interest will probably not be consistent; but to be successful, you will need to be consistent in your encouragement and commitment to music instruction. In most cases, simply acknowledge your child’s comments, but then go on with your normal routine just as you would if you heard the comment, “I don’t want to brush my teeth,” “I don’t want to stop playing with my toys,” or “I don’t want to go to bed.”
- Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend lessons at any time, but SHOULD NOT interfere in the process of the lesson no matter how well intended it may be.
- Please don’t hesitate to communicate with the teacher any questions or concerns you may have about your child’s progress. Communication with parents is vital to a child’s progress. Please feel free to chat with your instructor during the lesson time. Your instructor will generally allot a few minutes at the beginning of each lesson to communicate with the Parent. We ask that you please keep in mind that we are not available beyond your scheduled time, so as not to impede on the lesson time of the next student. If you would like to discuss anything beyond, please feel free to email your teacher, or call and leave a message.
Notify the teacher at least 24 hours in advance if the student cannot attend the lesson. There are no refunds for missed lesson. Occasionally the teacher might have schedule conflict due to performing activity. If a teacher is absent, a make-up lesson will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time. Scheduled make-up lessons missed by the student will not be made up.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Brand new Kawai 5' 5" EG 30 baby grand piano.
Private piano lessons and consultations to children, adults, music lovers and piano players of all ages and skill levels, providing custom-tailored curriculum to meet each individual student’s musical goals.
Lessons can be conducted at the studio of Tune In Music Academy as well through Skype.
Individual piano lessons with students Ages 5- 14
Individual piano lessons with students Ages 5 and above
Provide group piano lessons for beginners undergraduate students non-major music.
Taught students Ages 5 and above
Conducting one-on-one piano and Group Piano classes
Giving lessons to the students age 5 - 65
Providing piano lessons to the kids age 5 - 16
Tutoring piano students from children studio age 7 - 14
Tutoring piano students from children studio ages 6 - 14 year
Teaching kids from age 6 - 14
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
Verified Student · Piano · In studio
Verified Student · Classical Piano · In studio
Very grateful to have found her.
Verified Student · Piano · In studio