I play professionally, I have over 43 years of music experience I started at a very early age enjoying music, i have played recitals at the high school level on cello. I have been a featured soloist on the 4,5,6,string electric bass as well as the acoustic double bass, I have a CD out that show cases the genres of music that i have experience in. I am very passionate about teaching and instructing my students to acquire a love for music that will inspire them on to greater achievements in life.
*** Lesson Details ***
Basic Alfred music publications that are well suited for beginners to advance students details in music theory ,chord progressions,modal,progressions,circle of 5ths,inversion of piano chords,intervals,triads, sight reading on the treble,and bass clef finger positioning on the fret board correct posture and hand placement when seated at the piano.etc
*** Studio Equipment ***
basement studio: music stands, chairs, basses, keyboard (88 keys and weighted), tenor saxophone,guitars, 24 track recording console additional seating for parents. ,
wellness center: private room, music stands, keyboard (88 keys and weighted). waiting area for parents.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I expect the student to have a piano/keyboard or whatever instrument that is needed for that lesson.
· Bass Guitar · In studio Today was my first lesson with Alfred. I am very impress with his knowledge and skill set. We work on some hand and finger exercises and ended the lesson with playing some bass groves. I am looking forward to my next lesson with him.
· Bass Guitar · In studio Alfred has an infectious enthusiasm for the bass guitar that carries over in his lessons. I wanted to learn the slap and pop techniques of my favorite bass players including Marcus Miller and others. Alfred is a skilled percussive bass player who is fluent in these techniques. He is a patient teacher who will introduce new techniques and concepts at your own pace, whether you are a beginner or more advanced player. The lessons always go over the time allotment and we often have to force ourselves to “call it a night” and put down our bass guitars. The bottom line is that I’m having fun and making good progress. Online lessons have their place, but you don’t get the feedback and accountability that comes from taking in-person lessons. I can highly recommend Alfred to anyone who is serious about learning how to properly play bass guitar.
· Bass Guitar · In studio Alfred is a phenomenal teacher. There are a lot of wonderful musicians that are expert at their crafts but does not have the expertise of teaching it to others. Alfred not only he is a wonderful bass player but his teaching skills is amazing. I've been taking leasing for about a month and a half and it is amazing the amount of things I've learned. Furthermore, I signed up for 30 minutes lessons, I can't recall once so far where our lessons only last 30 minutes. we almost always go over an hour. This is what I call true passion for music. I couldn't ask for a better teacher. I've enjoyed every lessons and can't wait till the next one. With Alfred help, I know i'll reach my goals in no time.
· Piano · My daughter is learning to love piano
Alfred uses technology and creativity to keep my daughter interested and engaged in her lessons. She looks forward to practice time!
· Piano · Exactly what I needed to get started
Alfred is a natural teacher with a wealth of knowledge in music. He has a lot of patience and takes the time to explain and encourage. He has been an excellent fit for me.
· Piano · Very pleased
We have been very pleased with Alfred's teaching so far. Both of our sons really enjoy taking lessons from him. He has always been on time and is very polite and nice.