- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I began my violin and piano studies at the age of 6. I am fortunate enough to have had very many great teachers in my life. Since I have received so many different perspectives of teaching in my studies, I have seen firsthand several teaching methods. This molded me into not only a good player, but a good teacher as well. I love what I do and Music is my life.
I have been teaching privately for about 7 years. I have been professionally trained to teach all levels of violin playing. I also teach piano for beginner and intermediate levels. Although I am teaching, I still strive to never stop learning. I received my Bachelor's Degree in violin performance from Kennesaw State University School of Music in Atlanta, GA. During my studies at Kennesaw State I have performed as concertmaster of KSU Symphony Orchestra for 3 years. In January 2011 I traveled to China as the concertmaster of KSU Symphony Orchestra for a three-concert tour that included a performance at the Central Conservatory in Beijing.
Currently, I am pursuing my Graduate Degree in Violin Performance at DePaul University School of Music. I love to teach because it gives me great joy to share my passion with other people.
*** Lesson Details ***
I conduct my lessons in a friendly and non-stressful way. I am a very patient and enthusiastic person. If the student has a willingness to learn, I make sure that I do everything to capitalize on that and help them to reach their highest potential.
I structure my lessons to be very organized so we do not lose any time. I always give 100% of my energy in every lesson. I try to make the lesson interesting so it never gets boring for the student by teaching technical aspects and fundamentals as well as exploring a wide variety of styles and genres of music.
I require all of my students to practice at home. Practice is essential in making music. If the student does not practice he or she is not going to learn as fast and it will take a while to improve in their playing.
I do not teach all of my students the same way. I try to find different approaches for every student in order to accommodate their level of playing and their needs. I believe that there is no one perfect method to teach a student. I usually combine traditional and Suzuki methods. I construct the lesson based on what student needs to work on to improve as well as what student wants to learn. I always talk to the student to make sure that we have set the same goals, because I believe that it is important to be on the same page with the student.
I also do not have any age limits for my students. I believe that children of a very young age are very observant and open minded. I can start teaching a child as early as 4 years old. I also believe that it is never too late to start learning to play an instrument.
If you cancel your lesson less than an hour before its scheduled time, the lesson will be counted as attended. If the lesson is canceled at least an hour before its scheduled time, it will be rescheduled or cancelled without it being counted as attended.
*** Studio Equipment ***
living room studio set up, chair/couch for seating, street parking.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I expect students to have an instrument, music stand and a willingness to learn. I provide all other teaching materials.
*** Specialties ***
Traditional and Suzuki methods.
· Piano · In home My son loves Alexandra. He especially appreciates her letting him choose some of the pieces they are working on.
· Violin · In home What an amazing experience. Thank you so much Alex. I so appreciate your patience. Looking forward to my next class.
· Piano · In home Great instructor very calming and thorough.
· Piano · In home Alexandra was phenomenal with our 8-year old. She was patient and effective.
· Violin · In home Alexandra is a wonderful instructor. She's so patient and kind with my 6 year old daughter and makes the lessons enjoyable. I highly recommend her!
· Music Theory · In studio I really liked Alexandras style of teaching!
· Piano · In studio She is a very nice and professional instructor. She asks what your goals are and helps you achieve them at a pace that is swift yet comfortable for the student.
· Piano · In home The lesson with Alexandra today went very well. She is personable. She arrived on time and took time to access my daughter's prior knowledge. She was patient and provided constructive criticism and tips to help my daughter improve.
· Violin · In home Alexandra is a great instructor. She comes to our home for violin lessons for our 8yo. She is so kind, patient and my daughter really enjoys playing the violin as a result. I highly recommend her.
· Violin · In home Just wonderful!