- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hey, my name is Alex. I'm a multi-instrumentalist (guitar, bass, keyboards, voice, drums, flute, etc.), composer, performer, recording artist, arranger/orchestrator/transcriber, recording engineer/producer & music educator.
I graduated from the University of St. Thomas "Cum Laude" in 2011 with a Bachelor's Degree in Guitar Performance, with minors in Music Production & Composition. While attending St. Thomas I served as the Music Theory tutor, as well as the live sound/stage/light/recording technician for student & faculty recitals.
I have been playing professionally & teaching for over a decade. My passion for music is something that I love to share with anyone else who feels inclined to make music. My goal is to share the skills & knowledge I've acquired throughout my experiences with those willing to learn & dedicate themselves to the craft of making music.
*** Lesson Details ***
I am experienced in most major genres of music: classical, jazz, blues, rock, funk, folk, metal, acoustic fingerstyle/slap, instrumental rock, "shred," pop, world music, electronica, etc. & feel comfortable conveying the techniques, approaches & idioms to a student by breaking them down into digestible components, while making these new ideas relatable to material they are already familiar with.
In the end, I want the student to learn what they're most interested in learning. I'm here to answer any questions they may have & with my experiences, I feel confident that I will be able to either answer these questions or point them in the right direction. Some topics covered:
Instrument-specific techniques (ie bending, tapping, sweep picking, etc.)
Songwriting & Composition
Arranging & Orchestrating
Chordal theory & how to read charts
Practice routines & approaches
Instrument-based gear (guitars, amplifiers, effects, picks, slides, capos, etc.)
The student will learn at the pace they set for themselves & can only get out of it the amount of effort they put forth. I expect my students to practice on a regular basis (however brief each session may be). Consistency is key for progress to be made, & if they hold up their end of the bargain, the payoffs will be quite substantial!
*** Studio Equipment ***
Practice amplifier, tuner, music stand(s), guitar picks & cables.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I can provide guitar neck paper. I expect the students to have their own instrument & any materials they may need to achieve the goals they've set for themselves (such as a weekly notebook).
*** Specialties ***
Progressive rock, classic rock, blues, jazz, funk, disco, classical, acoustic fingerstyle/slap, flamenco guitar; music theory, sight-reading, composition, songwriting, film scoring, music production.
As a studio engineer, I setup the talent in the recording room(s) (whether a voice-over or a full-on rock band), ensure clear signal into the DAW, track & edit the live performances, mix & master the material for promotional & professional use.
· Guitar · In studio Alex was awesome. Super knowledgeable and a great teacher. It was an all around wonderful first lesson.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Had a great experience the first lesson. Look forward to the next one.
· Guitar · In studio Very knowledgeable! Look forward to the next lesson!
· Guitar · In studio Really enjoyed meeting -- and starting lessons -- with Alex. Looking forward to learning a lot from him.
· Bass Guitar · Online My daughter loves it! He goes at a pace that keeps her engaged and challenges.
· Singing · In studio This is one of the most dedicated musicians I've ever met. He taught me so much more than just technique or tricks or any flashy things. He taught me music step by step and how to apply it not only to singing but to any instrument. Definitely give this guy a try if you're serious about music and singing.
· Guitar · In studio I had a great experience taking guitar lessons from Alex. He was easy to work with and always professional. He can teach pretty much any genre and was able to make music theory understandable to the beginner. Highly recommended.
· Singing · In home My daughter really enjoyed her lesson and felt like she had some new techniques that will really help her going forward. She is excited to see what comes next!
· Guitar · In home My daughter loved the lesson and is excited to continue. Her comment was, "finally someone who understands me!"
· Voice Acting · In home Alex has been great - connecting up with my interests and helping me develop the basics.