- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
Alec specializes in personalized piano tutoring for kids. He has instructed children from ages 5-17 and also teaches adult beginners as well.
As a piano instructor and music composer based in South Orange County, Alec has accumulated a wealth of knowledge in both classical and contemporary music and how it's constructed. For over 15 years, he has been an accomplished pianist and music composer.
Alec's promise to you is to deliver lessons that are of exceptional quality and student focused!
- 1-Hour Lessons include ear training! In ear training, we develop our inner ear, the ability to accurately hear and identify musical elements in our head while reading, listening to, and thinking about music. This form of training is guaranteed to help your child learn music faster and anticipate various musical elements.
- You have the choice of receiving in-home piano lessons, or at Alec's home studio. Should you chose Alec's studio, students will have the opportunity to utilize Alec's hardware and software he uses to compose professional music. His students can easily record themselves playing and in real-time, analyze any mistakes they made
- Learn all the styles of piano; from classical, to jazz, to contemporary and beyond!
- An adult beginner and want to learn? Feel free to join in too!
- Alec combines both the Suzuki Method, and the Faber Method in his teaching. The Suzuki Method focuses on memory, repetition, and ear training while the Faber Method uses helpful visuals to promote learning.
Need your child to start piano lessons soon? Contact Alec for more information and he will get back to you within 24 hours.
I have been a music composer for film, video-games, and multimedia for 3 years, as well as part of the band, Klaviam for over 12 years. I am also familiar with digital audio workstations (DAWs), and can instruct students should they want to pursue that area.+ Read More
For over 15 years, I have been instructed by wonderful and experienced piano tutors, such as Tiiu Marie Jankowski and Steve Schmidt. These tutors have passed on and taught me the piano and specific pedagogical skills to teach both children and adult students. I now return the favor to my own students.+ Read More
Broadcast Music Inc. was founded in 1939 by forward-thinkers who wanted to represent songwriters in emerging genres, like jazz, blues and country, and protect the public performances of their music. Operating on a non-profit-making basis, BMI is now the largest music rights organization in the U.S. and is still nurturing new talent and new music.+ Read More
From the first time Alec met my grandson he was understanding, encouraging, extremely patient and knowledgeable. The next lesson assignments were clearly written out with the expectation that time would be allowed for daily practice.
Thank you, Alec
I got so much value for my daughter's piano lessons. I was surprised when she played her own songs to me. On top of that, Alec was very on top of things when it came to lesson planning, homework, and attendance. If you are new to piano, I would recommend signing up with Alec.+ Read More
As the parent of my child who took lessons, Alec is by far one of the most organized tutors around. My daughter got through her first book at lightening pace and we are excited to continue taking lessons.
Fantastic lessons! I learned a lot about songwriting and even made a portfolio of songs I've written!
I learned so much with Alec as my instructor. He not only taught How to play the exercises, but Why these exercises are important. The highlight for me was actually writing my own song, which I thought I could never do. Alec really makes it simple to learn musical concepts.+ Read More
Alec was such a blast to work with. He was extremely clear and precise in his teaching and provided many fun activities to engage in as well. I learned and mastered the material much quicker than I thought I could. I even learned how to compose my own songs!+ Read More