Hi there and thanks for stopping by.
I'm a bass player and electric guitar player with a history of touring around the world playing rock, funk and jazz styles. I graduated from Berklee College of Music with Bachelor's of Music in Professional Music - Bass Guitar, and am currently teaching and playing music professionally. My students ranging in ability from beginner to professional. I tend to focus on making sure my students learning experience is stress free and fun (most importantly)
Currently, I play in a number of bands in NYC and record with bands in Europe (Serbia - Hungary)
I can teach my students comfortably in my home teaching studio in Crown Heights, Brooklyn or I can travel to students house for extra charge. I work with bass player and guitarist in a vide range of ability, some are beginners and I have some who are professional as well.
Some of the musical styles I regularly teach: Rock, Blues, Jazz, Funk, Soul, R&B, Classical.
Also online lessons is also available upon request by student.
My students will gain the following from consistent lessons
Slapping, Popping, Playing with Fingers vs Playing with a Pick
Creating interesting bass lines
Learning songs in order to have a good foundation for future development.
I tend to focus on learning songs instead of learning "boring" exercises.
You get more benefit from learning songs and working on a difficult groove or phrase rather than spending a lot of time playing non musical exercises.
I have 5 Bass Guitars, 1 Electric Guitar, 3 Keyboards (NORD, KRONOS, MIDI CONTROLLER)
I have recording devices which can be used to record the lesson and get it in your email after our meeting, so you can go home and really listen to my comments again and learn more!
Hope to hear from you and start learning some good music!
I teach students how to play the bass and the guitar
I have been playing with artists around the world for a number of years. Currently working with a number of NYC based bands.
I recorded shows daily in Berklee College of Music
· Bass Guitar · In home fun lessons, recommended 100%.
· Bass Guitar · In home Great Lessons, always looking forward to them!
· Bass Guitar · Online I have been studying with him online for some time now and I can only say is that he is a true teacher. Really enjoy taking you lessons!
· Bass Guitar · In studio Akos is great! He was understanding, and working with me to achieve my goals, which was to play a small concert with my band. He helped me work on the songs we play! Thanks a lot!
· Bass Guitar · In home Akos is a great teacher, I learned a lot from him. Would recommend him if you want to learn some funky bass lines!
· Bass Guitar · In home Akos really knows his stuff! I wanted to audition for a jazz program and he worked really hard with me, and I got into the program!
· Bass Guitar · In home Simply the Best or one of the Best Bass Teacher I ever had in my whole life !!!!
I've never learned so much from him, Thank you Akos ! !
· Bass Guitar · In home Akos F is an amazing teacher, he really knows his stuff very well and he teaches according to what I need and helped me achieve what I was looking for. He is incredibly patient with me, gave me the tools and guidance that I need and I always enjoy taking his lessons.