- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
A graduate of the University of Rochester with a B.A. in Music and Psychology and trained at renowned National Guitar Workshop, Adam is an experienced teacher and performer on the guitar, piano, ukulele, and bass in a variety of styles, including rock, pop, jazz, classical, and folk. Adam loves to share his passion for music with others, and ever since his first student, an autistic child, Adam has sought to make learning music fun, regardless of age, style, and ability.
*** Lesson Details ***
My approach to teaching music is strictly an individualized one, catering to the specific interests and goals of each student. I believe that if learning music is truly enjoyable and fun, students will develop a sincere love for their instrument. In teaching children, my emphasis is on instilling in them a love of music. While progressing in music obviously requires preparation outside of lessons, I consciously avoid asking students to practice. Instead, I incorporate the music and styles that appeal most to the student and use them as vehicles for teaching concepts.
I strive to make learning music fun, regardless of age, style, and ability. I organize an annual recital to showcase my students' talents and hard work.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I will provide all music and instructional materials, and ask that students provide a clean, quiet area to hold our lesson, ideally with a music stand. I also ask that a student provide their own instrument. If providing an instrument is not possible, I ask that the student notify me so I can provide an instrument for them in the interim.
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in a wide range of styles on the acoustic and electric guitar, piano, ukulele, and bass.
I explain music theory in a fun, clear, and articulate manner and show its benefits and application in song writing, learning music, and playing by ear. My extensive background in rock, classical, pop, folk, and jazz allows for a truly cater my instruction to my student's tastes.
I make it my mission to structure my lessons on my student's goals and interests and avoid imposing concepts that don't interest my students.
· Bass Guitar · In home Since our first lesson I've been progressing nonstop. He's a great teacher for both learning songs and exploring the nuts and bolts of music.
· Ukulele · In home Adam does a great job of adjusting to the student's level of experience. I'm a beginner with some minimal uke experience, and he adjusted the pace of the lesson accordingly. I especially like his emphasis on contemporary music; he seems to have fun with music which, as someone who endured years of strict classical piano training as a kid, I find very refreshing.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Best instructor I ever had. He has some ear. He listens to a song I want to learn and he plays it. I'm jealous. When he shows me how to play it he makes it fun and so easy. If you want to learn how to play, Adam is the one.
· · Mr.
Adam has been a patient and effective teacher for our 6 year old. He gives great posisitve feedback that makes the student feel good about playing. We are lucky to have him.