Zoe has been teaching lessons privately since 2009 and began building her current studio when she moved to Tennessee in 2013. Since moving to Tennessee she has taught over 1000 lessons. Since starting with Take Lessons she has taught lessons in various subjects to over 25 students with her primary focus on Audition Preparation and First Time Flute Students. Her current studio sits at 14 students of various ages and concentrations.
Zoe has played flute in several ensembles over the past ten years. Most recently she performed with the, Middleton Players Theater Pit Orchestra, Middleton Symphony Orchestra, Middleton Wind Ensemble, the University of Wisconsin Madison Concert Band, University of Wisconsin Whitewater Concert Band, the Volunteer State Jazz Ensemble, the Volunteer State Show Stoppers, Vanderbilt University's Spirit of Gold, and Tennessee Technological University Concert Band.
Zoe has been featured as a soloist with the Madison Jazz Society and Middleton Concerto Competition, the Volunteer State Jazz Ensemble, Volunteer State Show Stoppers, and appeared on the 2014 and 2015 Sounds of the Season CDs. During High School, Zoe annually competed in the Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) Solo and Ensemble Festival earning a total of eighteen medals at the District and State Levels. Over the past nine years, she developed an interest in clarinet and earned a gold medal at WSMA Solo and Ensemble less than six months after she began playing the instrument.
Zoe is a member of the National Association for Music Education which has most recently allowed her to Attend the Wisconsin State Music Educators Convention (October 2012) as well as the National Music Education In-Service Conference (October 2014).
Zoe moved to Nashville Tennessee in 2013 to further her education and continue her career in Music Education. She has recently started working on a series of method books for flute as well as a series of etudes to use with her students, and a dictionary of musical terms by language. She believe in teaching with good technique at an early age to help prevent repetitive motion injuries and a life long enjoyment of music.
Located in Nashville Tennessee
Located in Madison Wisconsin
The National Flute Association, founded in 1972, is the largest flute organization in the world. Approximately 5,000 members from more than 50 countries join together in person, online, at conventions, informally and in forums, through publications and classrooms, in performance, in friendship and collegiality. Guided by its goals to encourage a higher standard of artistic excellence for the flute, its performers, and its literature, members include leading soloists, orchestral players, jazz and world music performers, teachers, adult amateurs, and students of all ages.
Tau Phi Lambda is a student organization at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater open to anyone who love music, regardless of major or minor. We are dedicated to promoting and encouraging music throughout our campus and community.
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
· Clarinet · Online I liked the way you taught me. My first lesson was great. -CeCe
· Clarinet · Online Zoe, is knowledgeable, professional, friendly and motivating. We really enjoy and appreciate having lessons with her !!
· Piccolo · In home Zoe does a great job breaking down the music to help us learn it better!
· Flute · In home I took 2 lessons with Zoe to prepare for an audition. I was unable to continue working with her due to distance, however I greatly enjoyed working with her. She did a great job breaking down the music to help me learn it quicker
· Clarinet · Online While I didn't work with her long, Zoe is super sweet and a wonderful teacher. She is able to find things to encourage you to go in the right direction. I had to cancel early due to a conflict on my end and being unable to schedule out anymore. I would recommend her, highly.
· Flute · Online Zoe is a good teacher! My daughter likes the lessons because Zoe is friendly and patient with her. Zoe's young age combined with her never ending patience make her a good fit for us.
· Flute · Online Truth be told that while Zoe is a very nice person, her flute lessons are pretty unsatisfactory. Her teaching is quite shallow and leaves a lot to be desired.
· Flute · Online Zoe has been very patient with my son. He was very nervous about learning the flute, but he's doing great and loving it! She has been wonderful to work with so far.
· Flute · Online Zoe has patience.
· Flute · Online Zoe has been great so far! My son is a bit anxious about learning the flute and she has been very reassuring.