- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I graduated with a BS in music from Skidmore College in 2002 and have been making my living as a professional musician ever since by touring internationally as a performer, making studio records, composing for film and television, and teaching. I am primarily a guitar player and a songwriter. I grew up playing drums and studied them well into college. I'm deeply influenced by the blues and country music, but I love anything that's good! I studied jazz and composition in school with a focus on improvisation. I wouldn't be half the musician I am today without the help of a few wonderful teachers. I think of them when I teach and do my best to inspire my students with the same joy and support that was offered to me.
Rusty Belle has been one of my main projects for the last ten years. A great family and trio of musicians. We have spent hundreds of nights together in clubs and on stages around the country. WWW.RUSTYBELLE.COM
My solo work has taken me around the country and beyond. I write, sing, and play guitar.
I had the privilege to play with blues legend Chris Smither. I worked on his record "Time Stands Still" and performed with his touring band on and off for two years.
· Guitar · In home I have been taking lessons from Zak for about six months. He is always enthusiastic and supportive. I recommend him to other students.
· Guitar · In home I took guitar lessons with Zak for about 4 years and it was a great experience! I would pick a song to play, and as I learned the song he would teach me the scales that go with it. So I would learn the song and the music theory behind it, super cool. I also learned how to read sheet music from Zak. I enjoyed taking lessons from him!
· Guitar · Online Zak has been teaching for a few years and I am one of his former students. He asked me to write a review recommending him, as he is new to this website. I recommend him highly! I am an older adult and have wanted to learn to play the guitar for a long time. He is a very patient and motivational teacher that I am sure you will enjoy.
· Songwriting · In studio I am a college student located in the same area as Zak and am very interested in writing my own songs. Zak showed me the songwriting process he uses and helped me to find my own style. He is very talented as a musician, songwriter and teacher.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home I was a beginning student in guitar. Zak provided me with the chance to choose my own style of music and I learned better that way! He is very patient and finds just the right way to keep his student's interest.
· Guitar · Online I had a great time taking lessons with Zak. We mostly played Neil Young songs, and worked on scales. He is a great teacher and guitar player.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Zak is a great teacher!!! He is very knowledgeable and patient. We worked on fingerpicking and music theory. He really helped me bring my playing to the next level! Highly Recommended.