• I have over 20 years experience as a music teacher, conductor, theater/orchestra director and a performer in Russia, Norway and the United States.
• I possess excellent interpersonal skills and over the years developed the ability to communicate efficiently and connect with every student I teach.
• I am creative and enthusiastic while working with people of all ages.
• I have a reputation of being passionate about achieving professional goals.
09/08- Present NYC Board of Education, P.S. 48
• Band & Orchestra Director
• Teach children K-5 to play musical instruments in small groups and large ensembles
• Organize and perform Winter and Spring Concerts
02/08- Present Yakov's Music for Gifted & Talented, Inc, Brooklyn, NY
• Founder and Music Director
• Teach various musical instruments and vocal
06/07-06/08 Rockaway-Five Towns Symphony, Lynbrook, NY
• Music Director, Conductor
• Conducted weekly rehearsals (night) and 3-4 concerts during the concert season
10/03-06/08 Globe Institute of Technology, New York, NY
• Adjunct Professor of Music
06/07-08/07 JCC of Cherry Hill, NJ
• Musical Theater Director
• Taught acting, improvisation, singing. Produced musical shows.
10/06-06/07 JCH of Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NY
• Musical Theater Director
• Produced musical theater shows
• Taught students of ages 5-12 various vocal selections
09/00-06/07 NYC Board of Education, District 20, P.S.200; P.S.179
• Band / Orchestra Director
• Taught all woodwind, brass and percussion, violin, piano
05/99-06/06 School for Musical Performance, Brooklyn, NY
• Instructed students on Piano, Guitar, All string and wind instruments and vocals.
• Prepared students for the auditions to the prestigious schools and other music organizations.
1993-1997 St. Petersburg Radio Orchestra, Russia
• Principal Bassoonist
Other work experience:
• Performed as a bassoonist with The Kirov Opera & Ballet Theatre, the Mussorgsky Opera & Ballet Theatre, The St. Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra, The Chamber Opera Orchestra of St. Petersburg and other Symphony and Chamber orchestras of St. Petersburg, Russia
• Performed Solo Recitals in Russia, Poland, Norway and United States
06/98 The St. Petersburg Conservatory of Music, St. Petersburg, Russia
M.A. in Music: Major – Bassoon Performance; Minor – Conducting
06/91 The St. Petersburg College of Music named after Rimsky-Korsakov, Russia
B.A. with a Double Major in Orchestral Performance (Bassoon) and Music Education
*** Lesson Details ***
Would you just like to learn a few songs on the piano, violin or guitar? Or you'd like your child be become next Joshua Bell or Evgenij Kissin? My lessons are designed with each individual student in mind. I will start my lesson with introduction and proceed with warm-up routine. I always make sure that the student is comfortable with the pace that I am offering. I am mixing elements of music theory, history and performance techniques in order to help my student to embrace the beauty of music making experience. All my students are ready to perform at the recital after just 3-4 months of lessons.
*** Studio Equipment ***
I teach using Fisher Baby Grand Piano. Fender guitars. Major brands band instruments; yamaha, selmer, gemeingardt, etc.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Fender Guitar, Yamaha Flute/Saxophone, Casio Digital Piano, Custom Violin made in England.
*** Specialties ***
suzuki violin, classical, jazz
I am teaching students K-5th grade to play musical instruments such as: flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, drums, recorder and violin. Students learn in small groups and then perform as a band or an orchestra.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
National Association for Music Education (NAfME), among the world’s largest arts education organizations, is the only association that addresses all aspects of music education. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers. The Association orchestrates success for millions of students nationwide and has supported music educators at all teaching levels for more than a century.
NYSMTA is dedicated to furthering the art of music and promoting the growth and professional development of its members. It seeks to enhance the educational and performance expertise in all areas of music teaching, including performance, pedagogy, theory, and composition. In addition to the Annual Conference, Local Associations throughout the state sponsor musical and educational events of specific interest to those in their communities.