William C. is currently a freelance trombonist, teacher, and arranger based in Denver, CO. This fall, he has started doctoral work at the University of Colorado - Boulder. He completed the bachelor’s degree in music education and performance at Texas Tech University, and the Master’s in trombone performance, and a Performer’s Certificate, at the University of Denver. His extensive resume a wide variety of concerts, clinics, master-classes, performances, and recording sessions; most notably: the TTU Vernacular Music Center, Lubbock Moonlight Musicals, Colorado Wind Ensemble, Denver Municipal Band, Metropolitan Jazz Orchestra, and the Lubbock Symphony Orchestra. Mr. C. has taught all ages of students on trombone, euphonium, tuba, and chamber ensembles for 6 years. He was the brass section leader for the world premiere of the full-length theatrical dance show Dancing at the Crossroads and his arrangements have been played by chamber groups throughout northern Colorado.
*** Lesson Details ***
My lessons are geared towards a set of goals that are created between the student's wants and my expectations for them to be successful at what the student wants to achieve. For each student, I use a different set of pedagogical tools designed to get them to the goals they want. The main goal I have for all my students is that their fundamentals on their instrument will be at the level that they can complete their goals with ease. Over their time with me, they will have the skills to coach themselves when they practice and tackle any music they come across.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I expect them to provide and music stand and their music. These are both things that they need to have at their home for practice.
*** Specialties ***
I teach and perform both jazz and classical music. Almost any style that uses a trombone or brass instruments, I have performed in and have a strong foundation in.
I am the trombonist for a brass quintet based in Denver. We play often for churches and other events in the metro area.
I am the brass teacher for an elementary age band program based at Douglas County High School.
I am the principal trombone for the Denver Philharmonic orchestra. With the orchestra, I perform on tenor and alto trombone for our regular season concerts plus special events we are invited to perform for patrons.
I currently work as the substitute and utility trombone for the Colorado Wind Ensemble. I come in when ever an extra player is needed and sit in when the regular members are unable to play.
I began subbing with this group when I moved to Denver before my master's degree. The 2015, I was fortunate enough to be the second trombonist for the entire season. Starting in the 2016, I became the regular second trombonist.
I am working as a music assistant to the band director at Henry Middle School. I teach small groups of instruments that are pulled out of the beginner and advanced band classes.
· Trombone · In home Bill is a stand-up guy. My 11-yr-old beginner daughter is happy with her lessons so far and he interacts with me in a friendly and polite manner. He is respectful of our time and does what he says he's going to do. Can't ask for much more. We are looking forward to a summer of trombone lessons with him.
· Trombone · In home He's an awesome teacher and an awesome guy. I learned a lot! I would highly recommend him.
· Trombone · In home Jeremy really enjoyed his lesson with Bill. Bill is great with kids and I highly recommend him. If he played guitar I might take lessons from him!
· Tuba · In studio Thanks so much! We are here on vacation and appreciate the availability of Bill. My daughter has a region audition when we get back home and she needed help with her scales.
· Trumpet · In home William has great energy and works very well with our 10 year old.
· French Horn · In studio William is working with my 10 year old son on his french horn. William has a wonderful, structured approach and a caring, patient attitude. My son is learning and having a great amount of fun at the same time.