As a vocal teacher I focus on the correct method to singing that helps keep your voice beautiful and healthy.
I earned my bachelors degree in music education with an emphasis in vocals. I learned music appreciation, theory, history, choral singing and classical voice training.
I love music and cannot picture life without it. Music is an expression of life! I also love to teach music to others as I feel I'm passing on a great gift.
*** Lesson Details ***
As a teacher I fall somewhere in between strict and laid back. For instance, if you don't practice I won't scold you, but I will remind you that you can only be as good as you work to be. If you don't want to put in the effort you will waste your time and money, as well as not receive the results that you were desiring.
Our lessons will consist of many vocal exercises, good posture, and breathing techniques. One rule that I have is that I don't move you on to another song until you have successfully learned all you can from the first one you try. There is no point in learning another song when you have only learned the first one at a mediocre level.
If you are serious about becoming a better singer/musician you will enjoy our lessons.
I encourage my students to strive for excellence and will do all I can to draw that out of you.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I provide the tools to learn theory, songs to choose from and I do have my own portable keyboard. Students would need to have a tape or digital recorder to record their lessons and a positive attitude.
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in classical voice, and vocal training, (learning how to use your voice properly).
I have worked for takelesson's for 4 years now. I love working for them and have enjoyed all the students I have gotten to know over the years. I really do love teaching. :-)
The Lesson House was a place for students to learn singing, guitar, piano, and even acting. I would give group lessons at their school or private lessons in our studio or the student's house. That was where I started teaching voice!
· Singing · Online Vanessa knows how to sing and how to teach singing lessons. Classes with Vanessa are simply delicious, full of learning and laughters.
· Singing · Online 2 sessions/lessons in, and so far it has been great! In the span of a few weeks I've really noticed a difference in my singing when I applied the lessons and techniques I've learned from Vanessa. She is an effective teacher and highly motivating. I'm excited for the next lessons to come!
· Singing · Online Vanessa has helped me tremendously learning voice control and range. She took the time to understand my needs and made sure I understood all her instruction. I highly recommend Vanessa as a voice instructor.
· Singing · In studio really nice, knows her stuff :)
· Singing · In studio "Best lesson ever" -Ray
Very good with my daughter keeping her focused & making the lesson fun.
· Singing · In studio Very good
· Singing · Online Amelie loves Vanessa, We started Amelie taking lessons online due to not being able to find a local Voice teacher. We have since been contacted by locals to teach Amelie and each time she has chose to stay on-line learning from Vanessa. Amelie does not get much time to practice singing, but absolutely loves to sing with Vanessa. Amelie has came a very long way in her voice ranges, also her breathing while singing. We will stay with Vanessa until Amelie can sing as well as she wishes! Amelie has Aspergers and is a quiet soul, Vanessa brings out the best in her.
· Singing · Online Vanessa is very patient and understanding. I enjoy our lessons.
· Singing · Online Vanessa was a great teacher. She gave me valuable tips and resources which would help me accomplish my mission. She is very amicable and pleasant to work with.
· Singing · Online Great First Lesson.