Azerbaijanian violist Uzeyir Mahmudbayli was born in 1992 in Baku.At age eight,he began studying the violin with
Vafa Najafzada and switched to the viola eight years later.From 2009 to 2013, he studied at the Baku Music Academy with professor Tofig Aslanov.During this time, he performed
as in chamber musician and soloist in Baku,Ukraine,Italy,Poland,Finland,Norway,France,Germany and Chine. Mr.Mahmudbayli has performed
in masterclasses with Paul Coletti,Yuriy Bashmet, Lars Anders Tomter,Emile Cantor,
Paul Cortese,Ralph Gothoni.In 2013-2014, he studied at the Grieg
Academy of Bergen,with his string quartet "Furioso",which was established in 2011 in Baku. Currently, hi is continuing his education at the Colburn Conservatory of Music
in Los Angeles with Paul Coletti.
· Viola · In home Sude you're great
· Viola · Excellent musician and teacher! I've recommended Uzi to several parents looking for a teacher for their students. He is very reliable.
· Viola · In studio Fantastic teacher for any age or level!!!
· Viola · he is a great and talented violist and a perfect teacher. I got guitar lessons from him. I was lucky to get a teacher like him. Wish him all the best, Uzeyir
· Viola · Online Hello,
I am Humay Gasimzade, pianist. I got chance to work with Üzeyir while we both were studying in Norway. He is absolutely amazing musician, high level artist and I am pretty sure he is as good in teaching too. I wish him best of luck. He is the right teacher to choose.
All my best,
· Guitar · In home This guy is amazing! Honestly I don't know why he is not charging twice as much for his lessons. He is incredibly patient, and on top of that he is super creative with what you can try to get the performance you want to get. I was able to master a technical element in just one lesson with him, despite it being out of my reach for years! And all of this aside, he is remarkably gentle and sincere musically. Thank you so much for everything, Uzi!
· Viola · In home The best of the best
· Viola · In studio He is a great artist! He helped me a lot with advancing on viola, and also showed me how beautiful music really is, not just classical. I never wanted to practice, and now I do at least 2-3 hours every day! He is the best you can get! And, he is equally good on guitar, which he would sometimes use to show chords, explain harmony or even accompany me. Great guy, very kind and generous. I plan on studying with him for a long time!
· Viola · In studio Uzeyir Makhmudbayli is very talented young viola player!