About Trevor W.
I have been teaching guitar for over 14 years with students of all ages and skill levels. I graduated from Belmont University in 2012 with a Bachelor of Music in Commercial Guitar with a Songwriting Emphasis. Over the last 10 years of serving the Nashville lesson community, I have developed a significant amount of curriculum in different styles and have a unique approach that I tailor to each individual student.
As a musician and artist, I have played in several touring bands and even produced several internationally acclaimed records. I love helping students find their musical voice so they can follow a creative path of their own. My greatest inspiration for teaching comes from seeing a student go from the very basics to producing their own records and touring the nation. I have many students who have taken this path. One is currently touring as the lead guitarist for John Michael Montgomery!
Here is a basic overview of some things we might cover in lessons:
- Guitar, bass, ukulele, songwriting, production, audio/engineering lessons
- Styles of study include Blues, Rock, Jazz, Country, Classical, Folk, Singer-Songwriter, Americana, Funk, Soul, R&B, Reggae, Surf, Punk Rock, Metal and many more
- The ability to read music notation, advanced ear training, rhythmic development, ensemble skills, songwriting/compositional tools, improvisation, chord theory, advanced guitar neck theory/visualization techniques (such as CAGED system and modes), scale/interval theory, understanding keys via circle of fourths/fifths, drop 2 chords, jazz chord pools, and much more.
- Songs are chosen based on the skill level and stylistic interests of each student. From there, various aspects of technique and musical theory will be broken down and then built upon within each song that follows.
- For younger students, the approach is similar but with a longer timeline and a greater focus on developing a proper foundation of left/right hand mechanics. All things technical are balanced with patience and encouragement.
Teaching since 2006
Awarded Best of Lessons.com 2019 from Lessons.com
Teaches Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Guitar Lesson Pros Nashville
Guitar Lesson Pros is a locally owned and operated Instrument Lesson Business in Nashville, TN and surrounding areas. We have a trusted network of qualified and enthusiastic instructors who offer lessons on guitar, bass, ukulele, and other instruments. GLP promises the highest quality instruction tailored to the individual learning needs of every student. Our approach is flexible with an effective balance between skill development and having fun in the process.
Long Island Recording Co. - Lexington, KY