- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 14 to 70
Just a couple of seasons ago one of my amazing students, Juliana Chahayed made top 40 on American Idol! 2 of my students recently made it through two rounds of The Voice. 12 of my students sang on the Grammy Award nominated "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming" by M83. My students have also gotten into top music programs at Berklee College of Music, NYU, USC, Brandeis and Cal State University Northridge; won 1st prize in the high school talent show and money prizes in community singing contests. My singers have sung the Star Spangle Banner at Staples Center for a Clipper's game and produced successful showcases in the LA area. My story starts a while back: As a singer/songwriter my experiences singing live from Bud Friedman's Improv to the Disneyland Hotel and in studios all across Los Angeles eventually took me to Europe where I landed in Brussels and recorded an album for Sony Records/Belgium which produced three radio hits in the 90's. I also recorded and/or wrote jingles for Coca Cola, Fanta, Schwepes, Fisher Price and more! Fluent in French, when I moved back to the states I taught at Lycee International de Los Angeles for 12 years where I developed a music program for their 4 campuses, teaching K through 12, including commendations from everyone from French President Sarkozy to Los Angeles Councilman Tom LeBonge. I've recorded 6 children's CD's and recently directed and arranged background vocals for renown French singer and actress Charlotte Gainsbourg. In my private practice I have prepared and developed singers for live performance, personal development and for the rigors of the auditioning process. And we always have fun!!
*** Lesson Details ***
Learn to play the voice! I have developed my own special brand of singing lessons using breathing and placement techniques to provide the tools you need to develop as a vocalist and help you make the choices of an artist. How do you want to tell your story? My lessons will help you build confidence and every lesson will bring you a new piece of understanding and practical know-how. You will work hard, play hard, build a repertoire, and make tangible improvements in every single lesson! Success breeds success. If you want to audition for The Voice or simply enjoy the applause at karaoke night, I can bring you closer to your goal. I can also include beginning piano which can only add to your skills including an understanding of music vocabulary and the basic mechanics of music theory.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Music Room, and recording studio, piano, guitars, computer and cd, ipod docs. Parents are welcome to stay for lessons or run to close-by Starbucks, Costco or Home Depot!
*** Travel Equipment ***
I use a piano to teach both voice and beginning piano.
*** Specialties ***
I use solfege, breathing and placement techniques filtered through an emphasis on real world performance skills. Helping the student build confidence is probably one of the teachers' most important roles. Creating a safe environment is key to keeping the lesson fun, productive and challenging. Every single student should leave every single lesson with a tangible feeling of progress.
I created a music program for a renown private French school in Los Angeles teaching from K through 9th grade. My choirs sang for the Village of Los Feliz (including a commendation from Congressman Tom LeBonge), Prospect Studios, Retirement Homes and Mall events. I recorded 6 children's CD's including repertoire in both French and English and received a personal letter of commendation from then French President Sarkozy.
One of three United States performing rights organizations, along with ASCAP and SESAC. It collects license fees on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties to those members whose works have been performed. In FY 2013, BMI collected more than $944 million in licensing fees and distributed $814 million in royalties.
· Singing · In studio Very impressed so far. Toni didn't let on that the exercise was difficult until after. So my daughter flew through the lesson without fear because she's just doing what she loves and not thinking of struggle. Toni has the depth and breadth of musical knowledge but makes it fun and easy breezy. Everything out of her mouth has been exactly what I hoped to hear whether I realized it or not. I'm so grateful to have found her and I hope we can work together for a long time to come
· Singing · In studio Toni is a great instructor that really tailors her teachings to best meet your needs!
· Singing · In home She is an awesome teacher! Also very talented!
· Singing · In studio Toni is one of the most amazing human beings I've ever met. She is kind, passionate and very knowledgeable. No matter what your goal is she will help you reach it. I started taking lessons with her 3 months ago and I've made so much progress. She's always challenging me to get out of my comfort zone. So glad I found her.
· Singing · In home Fabulous. Toni is very knowledgeable and encouraging. After one lesson, I already see and feel an improvement in my voice and confidence.
· Singing · In studio I first came to Toni seeking help with college auditions in classical voice. Since I met her, she has been encouraging of my talent and my pursuits which is an important contribution to my confidence as a performer.
Toni will remind you of your strengths and guide you through what you want to improve. She will travel deeper into the music with you, but she will also introduce you to new genres, helping you develop as musician overall.
You will always walk out of a lesson a stronger musician than when you walked in. A vocal instructor must be able to identify what you do well and where you can bring even more to your performance. Toni provides the perfect balance between the two.
Finding a teacher who was a comfortable fit is the first important step in the process of advancing yourself as a musician. The second I walked out of my first lesson with Toni, I was confident she would help me do just that.
· Singing · In home We have been absolutely thrilled with the results that we've seen in our two boys' abilities since working with Toni for the past year and a half. They are both in their high school's show choir and we couldn't be happier with this year's accomplishments. Our freshman earned major solos in his group's competition set and has also earned a spot in next year's Advanced Show Choir group which mostly consists of seniors. As far as our senior son, Toni helped him with his confidence in his singing ability, and helped him secure a solo in his final show choir performance. He also joined a band with his friends and was more than thrilled to be selected as the front man.
We asked our boys if they wanted to take a break for the summer, they both said "No" and that they wanted to continue with Toni throughout their summer vacation.
Thank you Toni - you're simply the best!
· Singing · In studio Toni is a great teacher! She's great with kids, patient and works with songs that my daughter likes to keep her engaged and she's very methodical. My daughter loves her!
· Singing · In studio Toni is the single most amazing teacher and person I have ever had the pleasure of coming across. In the months that I have been taking lessons, not only has my singing improved, but also my confidence. She made me realize that the voice is an instrument and is teaching me exactly how to use it. If you want to improve and learn all while having the pleasure of being with an amazing person, then Toni is perfect for you. She definitely is perfect for me and all her other students!
· Singing · In studio I believe that Toni is the best vocal teacher. She's so confident with what she does, she's kind, patient, and she keeps me motivated that I'll get better and better however, I've taken 4 classes only 'til now and I already can feel the differences and the improvements on me, that's why I feel that I'm in really good hands, I couldn't ask for a better teacher, thank you so much Toni for being the best teacher ever.