- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
***Now available to teach Nationwide via SKYPE!!!***
My name is Tim and I have been drumming for 22 years. I hold a Bachelor of Music degree in Jazz Studies from Sacramento State University and I teach and perform a wide array of styles: JAZZ, ROCK, HIP-HOP, FUNK, BRAZILIAN, AFRO-CUBAN and CLASSICAL SNARE. Beginners and beyond are welcome. I will teach you all you need to know, no matter what your skill level. The lessons are made to be fun! That is what music should be anyway...fun!
You will benefit from lessons with me by not only having fun and playing along with your favorite songs, but you will also learn how to read drum music, which will offer you so many more opportunities once you go out into the musical world.
*** Lesson Details ***
***Now available to teach Nationwide via SKYPE!!!***
My style is pretty much right down the middle between laid back and always pushing my students. What I mean by pushing is that I always encourage, in a positive way, my students to Keep PRACTICING! Practice is one of the most important things while taking lessons. Students cannot get too far by not practicing. It just doesn't work that way.
I use a combination of simple rhythm books, drum set books, and listening and playing along with music. After 3-6 months of lessons with me, you should be able to play along with some of your favorite songs, and be decent at doing some simple sight reading out of books.
Please note: I have time available in the evening on my calendar, but that is only for traveling to a student's house. During the day, my studio is available.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Room w/ drum set, practice pads, music stands, seating for parents.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Student should have a drum set if lessons are at their house. I can provide sticks, brushes, etc.
*** Specialties ***
I teach jazz, rock, hip-hop, Latin, Afro-Cuban, funk, New Orleans second line, and classical snare.
Teaching drums to wide array of ages and abilities.
Contract drum teacher at private music school.
Bachelor degree in music
· Drum · In home He is patient and supportive. I'm really enjoying being introduced to the drums.
· Drum · In studio Tim is a patient instructor who caters to his students. He gave my husband
strong foundational skills for reading music notation to build upon. He
also clearly demonstrates how the instrument should be played from simple
to more complex syncopated rhythms. I am very pleased with the improvement
of my husband's ability to play drums from an instructor with extensive
knowledge and expertise. I would highly recommend Tim for lessons in any
genre of music
· Drum · In home Tim has been working with my 15 year old son for several months now! My son has made great improvements and enjoys Tim's lessons! Tim is always prompt and ready to work! It is really awesome that he comes to our house for lessons!!
· Drum · In home Since the beginning of our lessons, Tim has been on time, easy going, patient and challenging. A great teacher for beginners but I'm sure just as great a teacher for any level student. I will continue to learn from his drumming expertise :)
· Drum · Professional Teacher That Goes Extra Mile
Tim is an excellent teacher for my son. It is wonderful to have a teacher that is willing to meet the needs of the student instead of imposing their agenda on the student. An example of that is finding out what kind of music my son wanted to play and tailoring the lessons for that genre. This even included looking up music to bring to the lesson for a song that my son wanted to learn to play. Tim is able to explain new concepts well and can adapt his teaching to something different when a concept is not being grasp by the student. He is an excellent choice for us!
· Drum · Awesome Skype Lessons
Tim is a very cool cat. He has the ability to teach for beginners or dig deep for those drummers who already have experience. If you are looking for a dependable teacher..... Look no further.
· Drum · Tim is a great teacher - I highly recommend him to anyone who's looking to improve their drumming skills!!
I've been taking lessons from Tim for about a year and a half and find him to be an excellent teacher. What I like about him is that he's always encouraging but never hesitates to challenge me. It's that combination that I think helps me to stretch myself as a drummer. Not only is Tim an awesome drummer and amazing teacher, he's also a really nice guy!
· Drum · If you want to learn drums, Tim is your guy!
Tim was a great teacher for me as I was just starting out on the drums for the first time. He was very patient, always on time, and provided quality insight to help me improve my skills. A++
· Drum · Great drum instructor
From the first lesson, Tim has been patient. If I don't get something the first time, we go back over it. Repetition is key to learning anything. He never makes the lesson feel rushed. Call him if you want to learn to play the drums.
· Drum · Lessons with you were highlight of the week!
I am Cole's Grandmother and Tim was the highlight each week for Cole. It pulled him out of his depression of not being able to find a job after graduation from college and the desire from childhood of wanting to learn how to play the drums.