- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
A native of New York City, my studies in dance include Jazz , Hip Hop, ballet, modern dance, and movement for theater. I have studied dance at various schools and studios including Ailey, Dance Theater of Harlem, The College of Staten Island as well as Barry University, and frequents Gibney, Peridance Capezio, and Broadway Dance Center. I currently dance professionally with a Mixed Bag and Co. in NYC and have directed and choreographed dance concerts for Art In Motion Productions in Miami, FL, the Choreojoey Project in NYC, and Bees & Butterflies Performing Arts.
I have been teaching dance as a choreographer for over 5 years. The focus is on precision and performance. I specialize in technique and pedagogy for all levels of dance as well as movement, staging, and stage presence for dance theater performances. I embrace raw talent and new comers with as much respect as advanced level dancers. It's all about passion, talent, and commitment.
*** Lesson Details ***
Lessons will be both entertaining and challenging. Each lesson will be energetic from start to end and will be tailored to meet your needs and match your pace. Rest assured students will walk away from every lesson with new dance history knowledge as well as improvements in dance. The private lessons can prepare you for auditions, performances, and special events, or simply increase your strength and enthusiasm for dance.
*** Studio Equipment ***
none. lessons will be private lessons on site.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I will bring music, speakers, and sometimes worksheets. I can work in any open space in your home.
*** Specialties ***
contemporary, lyrical, Modern.
Jazz, Broadway, hip hop, Caribbean.
· Ballet · In home Stephen is Great. My kids had a blast.
· Dance · In home Stephen has been giving our teenager daughter weekly lessons in "J-pop" dancing. Even though his background does not include this particular style, he has done a great job of staying ahead of our daughter, and-even more importantly-encouraging and motivating her to keep at it. (Since dancing is one of the few exercises she will do willingly, this is key!) She looks forward to the weekly lesson and so do we.
· Improv Acting · In home Savannah was very happy with her session. She feels it will help her with her confidence.