My name is Ted and I love to teach music. I have been a guitarist for 25 years with 13 years being professional. I have also taught lessons for the last 10 years.
Mostly I enjoy being able to offer back what was given to me when I was a student. A solid skills foundation combined with fun and enjoyment will keep you interested and dedicated to your instrument.
As a guitarist I have spent years doing "session" studio work out of the northern new york music scene in and out of my own production company, Ted S. Music. I first attended SUNY Oneonta and received a Bachelor's Degree in Music Industry and then went on to start my production company specializing in producing local singer songwriters. This allowed me to become somewhat of a chameleon, having to assume many different playing styles in order to meet the needs of the artists I was producing. Privately I have taught instrument instruction since 2004.
While not recording or teaching I take care of my two Siberian Huskies and spend time with my very artsy wife who loves math, designs dresses, and creates dog collars. We are a unique pair!
*** Lesson Details ***
My lessons are simple.
Initially we will meet and discuss your goals and desires. If you are a younger student I will strongly recommend a music theory foundation however, the focus will always be to find the things that inspire you, center in on those, and learn them. That is the only way to keep you dedicated and interested. A strong foundation will allow you to grow exponentially, but learning your favorite songs will keep you enjoying music!
*** Studio Equipment ***
My studio consists of a learning space for instrument instruction as well as a recording lab for audio engineering instruction.
*** Specialties ***
Rock, Country, Bluegrass, Acoustic Fingerstyle, Electric
SESAC, Inc is a performing rights organization with headquarters in Nashville and offices in New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Miami and London. Performing rights organizations (there are three in the US) are business designed to represent songwriters and publishers and their right to be compensated for having their music performed in public.
· Guitar · In studio Ted is pretty great. He was patient and encouraging, with my very beginner status. I can't yet call him the best instructor ever (5 stars) but he definitely has potential! I am excited to work with him!
· Guitar · In home Ted is great, excited to take more lessons!
· Audio Engineering · In home Ted's a genius at recording, editing and mixing. I would recommend that anyone interested in these disciplines take advantage of his knowledge.
· Guitar · In studio Ted's a fantastic guitar teacher. He combines the teaching of practical skills with the appropriate theory and really took my playing to a new level.
· Audio Engineering · In home Ted is an excellent teacher. He helped me set up my audio recording room, twice as I moved after the first time. He showed me the basics of Protools software and then worked with me to record my sessions. Ted is very knowledgable about recording and was able to assist me with getting started.
I highly recommend Ted for audio engineering
· Guitar · In studio Ted is an excellent teacher. He is very good at determining how I learn and what I need to practice. I have become a much better guitarist since working with Ted.
I would recommend him for any level of guitar player.
Thank you Ted!
· · Excellent Instructor
I enjoyed my guitar lesson with Ted. He was very easy going and taught at a good pace, which was important to me as it was my first guitar lesson. I also felt comfortable in his home studio. I learned a lot within our 30min session and walked away with some useful tools that I could incorporate into my practice at home. Thanks Ted!!
· · Great
My son is thirteen and began lessons with Ted last month. Before the first lesson, Ted called to learn about Alex and his goals. Ted has developed a lesson plan that is structured for Alex which is making the lessons fun. Ted has a room in his home that he has turned into a music room where he teaches. We have been very pleased with TakeLessons and Ted.