- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Tara graduated from Lawrence University’s Conservatory of Music with a Bachelors Degree in cello performance. During her studies there, she was awarded the opportunity to play with acclaimed faculty Wen-Lei Gu and Anthony Padilla for a live radio broadcast in Chicago. Growing up in LA, she has studied with Rachael Lonergan, Pam Devenport, Tanya Carey, and John Walz.
She has been teaching for over 8 years, and has taken Suzuki training regularly. She is passionate about reaching a broad and diverse audience. She is an active performer, recording artist, and collaborator. She is an active member of the Suzuki of the Americas and the American String Teachers Association. She maintains a studio of students from age 3 to adult in South Pasadena, and makes soap and gardens in her spare time.
I teach middle school children in public schools that wouldn't otherwise have any music program.
· Cello · In studio I've just completed my 5th lesson with Tara and I'm greatly enjoying learning the Cello with her. A very patient and fun instructor, especially to work with myself as an older student. I'm definitely continuing and recommend her highly to anyone young or adult who wants to learn from a wonderful teacher.
· Cello · In studio Great first lesson!
· Cello · In studio Tara is a talented cellist, committed teacher, and generally awesome human being to have your children learning music from! I have known Tara for nearly a decade and have had the privilege to play next to her, observe her excellent preparation for recitals and concerts, and see the joy that teaching brings her as she's grown in her Suzuki training in recent years.
She has a warm, rich tone and relaxed technique that any student would be lucky to emulate. And most importantly she has found a great balance in connecting with her students while also pushing them to become their own best teachers through excellent practice habits and problem solving skills. If you're in South Pasedena, look no further - Tara is your teacher!
· Cello · In studio Not only is Tara Atkinson a wonderful person, she is also a fantastic musician. I have had the honor of playing beside her in multiple different ensembles and it is obvious that her intoxicating love for the cello, goes beyond the music. Her teaching, much like her playing, comes from within and is easily activated in others. She has an abundance of knowledge which she articulates clearly and efficiently while also having good time management and organizational skills. If you want to learn to play the cello, find another teacher. If you want to learn to LOVE the cello, she's the perfect match for you.
· Cello · In studio Tara is amazing! My 13 year old daughter absolutely loves her. Tara relates to her students on a personal level and creates an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity that my daughter finds very motivating. Her playing has grown exponentially under Tara's tutelage. Tara is a consummate professional and holds her students to high standards while always encouraging and inspiring them. We couldn't have found a more gifted musician and teacher and couldn't recommend her more highly!
· Cello · Tara Atkinson is a gifted professional cellist who loves teaching students of all ages. She is warm and personable, yet maintains high standards for her students. Ms. Atkinson would be an excellent private teacher for a future music major or a child that wants to have fun learning the cello. While Ms. Atkinson was the cello coach at my school, students responded very favorably to their time with her. I have been a music teacher for over 30 years, and I can assure you that very few private teachers possess the warmth and professionalism of Ms. Atkinson.