Early preschool teacher at Chesterbrook Academy. Instructional assistant at Prospect Park School. Remedial reading coach at Prospect Park School. Women's Choir Director at St Jude Roman Catholic Church in Eddystone PA. Former General music teacher and chorus teacher at St Monica's School in Philadelphia. Former director of the Delaware County Concert Band and served as music director for the Glenolden Young People's Performing Arts Club. Orchestra Sub for Arden Theater Company's production of Sweeney Todd. Substitute Music and Pre kindergarten teacher at Media Providence Friends School 2001 to 2003. Member of Chester City Band 1987 to 2000. Piccolo chair UpperDarby Sousa Band 1987 to 1993. Recorded with the Porch Chops in 1993 and Upper Darby Sousa Band in 1987. Orchestra Member Upper Darby Summer Stage 1987-1993. Played in Upper Darby Jazz Festival in 1989. Won Soloist award. Played with Settlement Music School Jazz ensemble 1987 to 1989. Played at the Roam and Hass Jazz festival at Settlement Music School in 1988. Founding member of flute ensemble Flutes in a Chord. Studied with Christine Dalsey . Studied Jazz with Lovett Hines. Attended Masterclasses with Nestor Torres and David Cramer. Specialist in early childhood education, pre-school music and Ethnomusicology with a focus on Asian Music. Member of the Flute Society of Greater Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Flute Choir.
Flute, Jazz Flute, Flute Choir B.A. in Music, Temple University.
*** Lesson Details ***
I am a teacher that can be very strict but I can also go with the flow. I base my curriculum on Orff and Kodaly for my younger students. For my older students, I work with the student's abilities and see which curriculum works for them.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Indoor studio space: drum kit, hand percussion, 88 - key fully weighted digital piano, flutes, clarinets, computers, recording gear, alto sax, recorders, piccolos
*** Specialties ***
Classical and jazz
Teach early preschool curriculum and music
Prepare and rehearse music for mass.
Assist the classroom teachers in their instruction.
The National Education Association (NEA), the nation's largest professional employee organization, is committed to advancing the cause of public education. NEA's 3 million members work at every level of education—from pre-school to university graduate programs. NEA has affiliate organizations in every state and in more than 14,000 communities across the United States.
· Piano · In home Miss Susan is a great teacher. I have a lot of fun in piano lessons.
· Percussion · In home I expected Percussion lessons where going to be on a complete drum set however NO Drums supposedly the snare was being repaired. Not even a drum pad was available but a book was used and an African drum. I think her forte is piano lessons. .Will be calling for a refund. Waste of time and gas!!!!
· Piano · In home Susan was very nice and also very easy to understand. She was funny and incorporated jokes within the lesson and also shared some of her own experiences with the piano with me. Overall, it was a very good lesson and i cannot wait for the next one.
· Saxophone · In studio I have a 14 year old who has had the privilege to have Susan teach him the tenor sax - and he has advanced remarkably in a short time! She has worked with him in music tastes, etc... The take lessons service has been easy to set up and utilize, too. I would HIGHLY recommend...Excellent instructor (and good location for Delaware County folks) You won't be disappointed!
· Piano · In studio I am so glad to have found Susan! She is wonderful with my daughter, very professional, patient and reliable. As an experienced teacher, she seems to know exactly how to work with each child at there own level and pace. She always greets us with a huge smile. I would highly recommend her to any parent!
· · Great Teacher, nice atmosphere
Susan is reliable, experienced, professional, and a great teacher all around. She shows a strong proficiency in many different styles and on multiple instruments.
We've found it to be a great pleasure working with Susan and we would strongly recommended her as a teacher.
· Clarinet · Great teacher
Susan is a great pleasant teacher. My 8 years old son knew nothing in music and after 3 lessons he already played a kids song. She is very professional and kind. She is working with my son according to his ability and the kind of music that he likes. We had 10 lessons with her and we just enrolled for another 12. My son doesn't won't to miss a lesson, we were lucky to have her us our music teacher.
· · Susan is very good with my daughter. Julia is an early learner for the piano. Susan is patient with her.