I am passionate about providing the most well-rounded music training to singers and pianists of all ages. This includes learning healthy technique, sight-reading, theory and analysis, and appropriate repertoire. Singers also learn acting techniques. Flutists can get a solid start on their instrument with good tone and note-reading skills. I have MM degrees in Voice and Piano Performance and Instrumental Conducting and am nationally certified in piano teaching through MTNA. I am an active member of both MTNA and NATS.
I started learning German through what is now the Concordia Language Villages. I spent my senior year of high school as an exchange student in the southern Black Forest of Germany and took several high-level German classes in college. My pronunciation of Hoch Deutsch is perfect. (And I know a wee bit of the local dialect too!)
Teach very efficient voice lessons to choir students who are preparing for Solo/Ensemble Contest.
Teach piano and voice lessons to students age 4-adult.
Teach private voice lessons to choir members and music education majors.
Teach piano and voice lessons to non-majors, minors, and majors who needed to pass the piano proficiency exam. Taught class piano to music majors.
Teach piano and voice lessons; perform marketing, accounting, etc. tasks required in running a private studio.
Nationally Certified Teacher of Music, piano
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Flute · In studio Siri was an excellent instructor for my son who had never played the flute before. She's very talented and incredibly patient. My son learned a great deal in just a few lessons. We also found Siri very easy to work with in terms of scheduling.
· Singing · In studio I had my first lesson with Siri last week and I can't wait till my next one. She knows her stuff and is real encouraging..
· Singing · Siri is a fantastic teacher who prepares any singer very well for whatever competition or audition they may have. I worked with Siri for many years and she has taught me so much about singing and my voice throughout the years. I highly recommend her as a voice teacher, you will learn a lot.
· Singing · In studio Siri is an incredible teacher, extremely personable and knowledgeable, it can be daunting to find the right vocal instructor, but she will immediately help you feel at ease and address your vocal concerns and goals. She can help you read music, write and perform in an authentic manner that is unique to you! I really enjoy working with Siri and hope you give her a chance, you won't be disappointed.
· Piano · In studio My daughter started taking lessons from Siri around 8 years ago. Siri has done an incredible job of keeping her focused and motivated and more importantly enjoying piano. Siri has such a wonder way of teaching she is gently but yet gets all of the correct points across, whenever my daughter took a test or performed the judges would tell her she had an excellent teacher. I would highly recommend Siri as a piano teacher I cannot say enough good things about her and am thankful every day that we picked her right from the beginning!