- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I studied under Mr. Willis Ley at Ley Studio for eighteen years. She was an accompanist for the Heritage School of Dance for twelve years and also played for the School for the Richmond Ballet for One Year. Sandra was trained in contemporary, patriotic and classical music as well as music theory. She has taught children and adults piano both in their homes as well as in her home. She is an accomplished pianist who will give the student a rewarding and fulfilling experience in mastering the keyboard to their fullest potential and play any song for there own enjoyment and for the enjoyment of others.
*** Lesson Details ***
As a teacher, I would work with the student on learning there favorite song. This would be a goal to set for the student for the first three months. They would be taught to do the scale with their right hand. They would learn there sharps and flats and the difference between the two key signatures. They would also learn during the first six months some of the basic terms in music theory. I would set goals, but never overwhelm the student, but work with them according to how much they could take in. They would have weekly assignments. If an assignment is not mastered during that time, then we would review it and carry it to the next week. When one assignment is mastered, then the student would work on the next. This would be a step by step processed. My goal for the student the first six months is to get that child or adult to be able to play their chords in their left hand, octaves and fillings in their right hand and know how to work the pedals. They would understand and know the key signatures and what timing they are playing in. The student would also know some of the basic music terms. Please keep in mind that this depends on how much information that the student can process. With some it could take a little bit longer. With others it would take less time.
*** Studio Equipment ***
f/w keyboard ("It's heavy, it was metal inside it!") w/ seating for parents
*** Travel Equipment ***
I expect payment on any music material that I purchase at the Music Store.
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in Rock, Classical, Patriotic, Standard and Spiritual and also children's music for beginners. I do a wide range of music from the fifties up to today.
Provide appropriate music for church services as well as for the Women's Group.
Provide background music for the meetings which consists of contemporary to patriotic to spiritual music. This is done on a bi-weekly schedule.
Provided music for modern, tap, jazz and ballet dancing from beginner through advanced. Also did recitals with the school at various locations.
· Piano · In home Sandra is very patient, kind, and gentle with my children, who are first time players. Her teaching approach is different for each one of my children, to best meet their individual learning needs. I can't believe how much they have grasped in only four lessons!
· Piano · In home Prompt. Patient. Kind.
· Piano · In home Sandra is very patient and effective with my mother who is 92 years old.
· Piano · In studio I love Sandra. She is very patient and she is willing to work with me at my own pace instead of making me feel rushed like I have been before!
· Piano · In studio Sandra is a great teacher! We are very happy with her instruction.
· Piano · In studio Mrs. Sandra made the piano introduction process less stressful and more interesting as possible.
· Piano · In home We love Ms. Sandra she has shown great knowledge and has been very deligent with our daughter. I can already hear and see the growth in the way she plays.
· Piano · In studio Sandra makes my lessons with her very productive and enjoyable. She is moving me along at a pace that I am comfortable with that allows me to understand and learn each new concept based on my ability to learn. I always look forward to our sessions.
· Piano · In home Sandra has a lot of patience. She is always on time. Goes above and beyond to help students succeed.
· Piano · In home My daughter has been taking lessons from Sandra for two years. We are so pleased with her fast progress. Sandra is icing, caring teacher. We highly recommend her.