Located in Gastonia, NC, Russell brings unparalleled experience and value to his students in the Charlotte, metro area. Russell Sharp is a seasoned veteran drummer with over 35 years of varied experiences. His lessons will significantly benefit beginner, intermediate and advanced students regardless of their age.
You will learn all that is necessary in order to possess a very strong and solid foundation that is required of a drummer. Russell is a caring, nurturing and patient drum instructor.
A lifetime of percussion experience ranging from recording studios to live shows has developed Sharp's simple and highly effective approach to teaching students. His ability to convey basic and advanced drumming elements help students develop rock-solid foundations along with sharp motor skills, physical coordination, limb independence and endurance.
Students have said Russell's lessons are lots of fun, productive, energizing, highly effective, etc.
Drum lessons can include the following:(For Beginners & Advanced Students)
* Learning Basic Fundamentals
* Reading Musical Notation
* Getting Your Meter Down To Excellence
* Gaining Independence Of Limbs
* Improving Overall Technique And Approach
* Learning To Be A Total Groove Drummer
* Building Up Incredible Speed-Metronome Work
* Learning Odd Time Signatures
* Learning The Double Bass Drum Fundamentals And Advanced
Genres of music include: Hard Rock, Soft Rock, Rock-Pop, Classic Rock, Blues, Shuffles (Double Bass Drum), Funk, Alternative, R&B, Jazz, Progressive Rock and Heavy Metal among others.
With his many years of experience, Russell Sharp is a dynamic, powerful and original drummer with distinct style and technique.
He has played in many bands around the country and has been giving drum lessons for over 10 years in Los Angeles, Arizona, Florida and now in Charlotte, NC.
He has also taught several students with learning disabilities such as ADHD and ADD and their confidence and ability has grown from learning to play drums.
Also learn how to approach lead singing behind the drum set.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Living Room Drum Studio: Drums, Stereo System, Two Stick Pads, Bass Drum Kick Pads, DVD's, CD's, Additional seating for parents.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I would bring 2 stick pads w/ stands and also kick drum pads.
*** Specialties ***
Rock, Progressive Rock, Fusion, Blues, Alternative, Funk, Dance, Disco, Latin
Prepare drum lessons for students of all ages.
Prepare drum lessons for all levels of drum students.
· Drum · In home I look forward to the lessons every week. Russ takes the time an ensures that the information provided is understood as well as performed correctly. Homework is always a blast. How many times can anybody say that? I would recommend Russ to any level of performer, if just to sharpen exisiting skills or start from the very beginning, Russ has the ability to get you to the level "you" want to be at with your drum playing. Russ will also introduce books that can be practiced out of when that homework is assigned. Great instructor and as become a good friend. If you want to learn the drums....call Russ!
· Drum · In studio Russell is the man! Patient, attentive, precise and an outstanding professional with a passion to teach you proper technique and to help you reach your drumming goals! He is an Awesome teacher and musician!
· Drums · In studio I've been working with Russell for several months now. I took instruction 35 years ago but never progressed. As I was young and moving on to other things. Fast forward to now, I'm 51 years old and working with him on a weekly basis has taken farther faster than I could have imagined. He makes lessons fun and I really look forward to them. I have also seen him play live and sing. He's an amazing talent!
· Drumming · In home I've been taking drum lessons with Russell now for the past 4-6 months and my drumming has improved significantly. Russell not only great personality, but has a well of knowledge and experience that he will share with you as soon as you start your lessons. I'm look forward to my transition into an amazing drummer with Russell's knowledge by my side.
· Drums · In studio My son loves his drum lessons! Russell is very caring and patient teacher, just as this post stated, he also knows how to make lessons fun. My son is not a very confident type of a kid and Russell really helped to set everything at ease during first lessons he is very supportive. We also appreciate the flexibility - since our schedule is crazy and we often had to reschedule. Of course the greatest part is when he drums along with the kid at the end of the class - you' d be taking videos of that groovy stuff every time, trust me. This sure is noisy, but so much fun!