My name is Russell "Rusty" Rainey. I have been a professional guitarist for 25 years. During the past 25 years I have managed the area's largest music stores, opened a Guitar Repair Center and became a "Certified *Fender Guitar Technician" . My experience with other musicians on stage and in the studio is without parallel. A "school" cannot duplicate real world experience. I understand the frustrations associated with finding the right person who understands how to treat you as an individual. A great instructor will not teach out of a book, they will write a book for you. A real Education in "playing guitar" is much broader than what you can learn from a book. I can help you understand the guitar in a practical and logical way, how to become a "guitar player" - not just how to "play the guitar". Lets talk about how I can help you meet your goals.
*** Lesson Details ***
I want to make our time together something that you will look forward to each week. The guitar is a very expressive and diverse instrument. My goal as your instructor is helping you reach your own goal. I teach each student in an individual way based on your interest, and my assessment of how to help you reach those goals, every lesson is time YOUR time! I take time before each lesson planning our time together. Commit 3 months and you will be amazed at what you can accomplish, 6 months and you'll begin to play through songs, after a year you will look back with pride and realize how much you have learned. I consider myself "laid back" and easy to talk too, but I will encourage you to accomplish what I know you can. When you put forth effort forth, and follow your lesson plans, you will have a great experience! ~Rusty
*** Studio Equipment ***
HOME: lessons in dedicated music room, guitars, amps, bass guitar, music stand, cords, cables, picks, tuners, stand.....
*** Travel Equipment ***
I can provide any materials and or equipment relative to the area of study for myself in addition to the student should that situation present itself.
*** Specialties ***
Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Blues, and Country. I teach "slide" guitar for those students who are interested in learning more about "delta-blues" and rock guitar utilizing the slide in style very similar to Z.Z. Top.
"Memphis Happy Hour" is the Band name for my Latest Musical Project. You will Enjoy seeing more Pictures, Listening to Home Recordings and Videos of Me Performing here in The Birthplace of Rock and Roll- Memphis. (use "Facebook" under "Memphis Happy Hour" and "like and "friend us !!! additionally there is a Link to "ReverbNation" in which we are also featured). THANKS & ENJOY ! Rusty R.
As an on-call Guitar Technician, I had worked at Ardent Recording Studios in Memphis Tn. as part of their Production and Support Staff for a wide variety of Recording Artists from Z.Z. Top to Stevie Ray Vaughn.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
The Recording Academy, known variously as The National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences or NARAS, is a U.S. organization of musicians, producers, recording engineers and other recording professionals dedicated to improving the quality of life and cultural condition for music and its makers. The Recording Academy is headquartered in Santa Monica.
A labor union representing professional musicians in the United States and Canada. Founding in 1896 as the successor to the "National League of Musicians," the AFM is the largest organization in the world representing the interests of professional musicians.
· · Very talented and gifted instructor. I really enjoyed the lessons and learned more about the guitar. Good energy. Recommend!
· Harmonica · In studio I enrolled in lessons as a beginner. Russell did a great job with the 5 lessons that I took with him.
· Harmonica · In studio He was great. The first session made me look forward to the next session. He was fantastic and very easy to talk to. I feel very fortunate to have gotten such a great instructor. I feel very fortunate!
· · My daughter Margaret is taking lessons from Rusty. He is excellent with her. This is totally new to her. He is very patient and precise in his explanations during his lessons. Margaret really enjoys having Rusty as a teacher.
· · Alex Loves the lessons and motivated
Mr. Russell is teaching Alex with some great materials. It helps him building a solid foundation for his future playing.
· · I would. Like to say. That russell has taught me alot. I enjoy our sessions i always have something new under my belt when i leave his studio. Russell is a great teacher i can tell he has a passion for music and enjoys teaching. He really takes his time in teaching and making sure that i understand. I highly recommend russell to any aspiring musicians. Because of russell i have accelerated very quick.
· · Want to drop a note to say that Rusty is a great teacher. He is so informative and easy to work with if/when we need to reschedule a session. His knowlege of music and his ability to share that knowlege is very impressive. Thank you Rusty!
· · Guitarist
Russell is a great instructor. He's very knowledgeable of music and guitar. I enjoyed having Russell as a teacher.
· · Fun during learning
Rusty shows a great interest in matching students needs. He prepares the lesson ahead of time.Transmits enthusiasm and passion for music. Puts you at ease and time just flies by.
· · Thanks for the help.
Russell, Thanks for the help. When I got in the car I realized I probably took to much of your time last night. I apologize for that. See you next Thursday.-Chris