- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Coming form a musical family, I cannot remember when music was not a part of my life. Both my parents were musicians, my father an instrumentalist and arranger and my mother a fine pianist. From the age of seven they encouraged and assisted my music education any way they could. Music came first in our family. My school years were spent in band, marching band and jazz band. During my high school years I took over the local elementary band and taught beginning band to the students after the band teacher had left before the school year finished.
To pay my way through college I taught piano, organ and band instruments in rural Colorado, even using a horse to get to my students when the roads were closed. During this time I was the house organist at the Alladin Theater in Denver and had the pleasure of playing for the primer of " The Duchess and Dirtwater Fox" starring George Segal and Goldie Hawn. I also played for many churches in the area assisting with choir and congregational music.
My teaching experience is broad with both private and public school classroom experiences. I have taught privately for well over forty years in both a private and group settings. I also have a MSW ( Master Social Worker) degree from the University of Denver and for many years assisted Seniors with the challenges that they face.
Currently I am Minister of Music for First Presbyterian Church in Georgetown, Colorado ( a small mountain community west of Denver). I am organist for the Scottish Rite Temple in Denver and perform private and public events throughout the mountain and Denver area.
*** Lesson Details ***
For many years I have been blessed to go to my student's homes. In this comfortable, familiar background I have found the student is more relaxed in the learning process. With the teacher coming to the home this is one less thing for the parent to schedule in their busy schedule. I also have a comfortable studio in my home with piano, organ, keyboard and recording capabilities.
Everyone whether child or adult has a different style of learning music this is of vital importance of learning anything. This along with the students desires from their learning experience will help decide which coarse will best fit there needs. Through the years my students have shared with me that I am relaxed, easy going and make the lessons fun with a great sense of humor. I strive for the student to be playing music of their choice as soon as possible.
As we walk down the music road all aspects of music education are shared and encouraged. It is vitally important that the student has good reading skills, a basic understanding of music theory,technique,ear training and music history, as music encompasses all aspects of learning from the youngest student to the adult.
*** Studio Equipment ***
in home studio with piano,organ and keyboard and recording capabilities, with seating for parents and guests.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I expect the student to provide the books and any supplementary material needed such a a book to write their assignments in. I will provide the lessons and rewards if they apply to the situation such as in young students.
*** Specialties ***
I find I use many methods of instruction. The method needs to fit the student and the situation one is in. I use the Alfred Method a great deal of the time as I find it works well in many situations. As the student advances I supplement in music wants and desires as well a curriculum that may be used if they should decide to continue their studies in a university or college setting.
I have taught private music lessons in both studio and home for 42 years. For many years I taught classroom music and band in both a K-12 School and an Elementary. I have also taught music in a group setting for keyboard instruction. Having special training and classes I have also worked those students with special needs.
Care and needs of Seniors
· Piano · In home Our 4 year old had a great time with his first lesson ever!
· Piano · In home Ron is wonderful with my children. He is patient and kind in his teaching!
· Piano · In home Ron is terrific. He is fantastic with my children who have never touched a piano and now love it!
· Piano · In home The time flies!
· Piano · In home He has a ton of experience! I'm really enjoying his classes.
· Classical Piano · In studio Ronald is an excellent teacher. My daughter LOVED her lessons with him.
· Piano · In home Exactly what we were looking for!! Awesome person, piano player and teacher!!! We couldn't have found a better teacher!!
· Piano · In home I'm very happy with Mr. Graham! He is a very good teacher. I'm glad we found him.
· Piano · In home My daughter and I enjoyed Mr. Graham very much! He is very kind, funny and intelligent!! He is a wonderful Piano teacher. He knows his music and is professional. We look forward to our next lesson.
· Piano · In studio Great first lesson!