*** Travel Equipment ***
I tell students what they need to buy and they do, although I will pick up books that they then pay me for.
*** Specialties ***
Piedmont blues, delta bottleneck blues, folk, beginning guitar
introduction to Adobe Suite, color correction in Photoshop, Photoshop for print and web, designing logos in Illustrator, using In Design for print projects, working with type and long documents.
2013 Boston Blues Challenge Finalist
2013 The Driving Song played on NPR's Car Talk
2013 Guitar Jam V: Anniversary The Colonial Theatre, Pittsfield, MA
2013 ACMA Listening Room, Fort Meyers, FL
2013 Caffe Lena, Saratoga Springs, NY
2012 Tap & Blues with Stefanie Weber
2012 RockOn! Band Camp Songwriting Instructor, Pittsfield MA
2012 Caffe Lena Blues Festival, Saratoga Springs, NY
2012 Partnered with Music In Common, Great Barrington, MA
2011-2013 Spartan Launch After-school Program—Beginning blues guitar & songwriting, Monument Mt. High School, Great Barrington, MA
2011 Guitar Jam III: Ladies Night Out at The Colonial Theater, Pittsfield, MA
2011- Present Partnered with "Guitars in the classroom"
2010-Present Partnered with "Raising the Blues"
2011 Old Songs Sampler Concert, Altamont, NY
2010 FODFest @ The Colonial Theater, Pittsfield, MA
2010 WCUW Front Room Concert Series, Worcester, MA
2009 Telluride Acoustic Blues Challenge Finalist
2008 The Guthrie Center, Housatonic, MA
2007 Taunton River Folk Festival, Taunton, MA
2007 Plymouth Blues and Folk Festival
2007 Black Potatoe Festival, NJ
2007 Opened for Paul Geremia
2007 Opened for Davis Coen, Bridgeport, CT
2006 Opened for Roy Bookbinder, Little Rock, AR
2006 Tropea Blues Festival in Tropea, Italy
2006 Memphis Blues Challenge finalist
2005 Licensed two songs to PBS for the soundtrack of the 2005 Roadtrip Nation DVD series (episodes 4 & 5)
2005 Headline act for the WRA’s “Resophonic Blues Festival” in the Czech Republic
2004 Opened for the Doobie Brothers, Pittsfield, MA
2003 and 2005 Boston Blues Challenge Finalist
2003-Present Taught songwriting at RockOn Band Camp, Pittsfield, MA
Managed and trained a design department of 5 full-time, and 5 part-time employees. Training included Adobe Suite, Quark, Pre-press software, font management and basic design skills.
I also trained and managed software for a variety of smaller companies on a freelance basis.
Rhode Island Songwriters Association's mission is to encourage, foster and conduct the art and craft of original lyrical and musical composition; provide educational programs, critique sessions and performance opportunities for all artistic styles; and support open collaboration within the RISA community.
Broadcast Music Inc. was founded in 1939 by forward-thinkers who wanted to represent songwriters in emerging genres, like jazz, blues and country, and protect the public performances of their music. Operating on a non-profit-making basis, BMI is now the largest music rights organization in the U.S. and is still nurturing new talent and new music.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home As a beginner & my first lesson was today , Robin was very helpful and had so much to share. I feel confident in her ability & knowledge to help me in learning to play the guitar .
· Singing · In studio I loved my teacher. Very professional and fun! I will not be continuing my lessons due to time restraints.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Really worked to help me learn what I wanted to learn
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio I am a beginner and I have learned most things wrong.Her patience,humor,and positive attitude have been great.
· Ukulele · Online I have been taking online lessons with Robin for the past few months, and have been amazed at how quickly I have learnt the ukulele! I am able to play some of my favorite songs. Robin is fantastic, she is always on time, is very patient, attentive and informative, her teaching style is very easy to follow and leaves me feeling motivated rather than out of my depth. Highly recommended.