- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have always had a love for music. From all the music trivia games my family won't play with me, to my large collection of records, cassettes, and CDs - I am hooked!
I made my solo performance debut at age 7 by singing "It's A Small World" acapella in a school talent show. At age 9 I started taking clarinet lessons where I learned musicianship and how to read music. Throughout my school years I also sang in choir, played tenor saxophone in the school jazz band, and hoofed it in marching band.
During my first year in college I took a beginning guitar class for fun and I never looked back! I studied classical guitar for 3 years and piano for 2 years. I ultimately received a Minor in Music from California State University, Hayward in 1990.
I have been playing guitar for 27 years. I have played professionally in the San Francisco Bay Area in various rock, country, and blues bands as well as playing solo acoustic performances at local coffee houses.
I have been teaching private guitar lessons for 20 years and piano for 10.I like to keep learning fun! I am a very patient, compassionate teacher who will come up with creative ways to explain/demonstrate something new.
*** Lesson Details ***
Music is the most fun activity that people of all ages can enjoy. And learning how to play music should be fun too! When students inquire about taking lessons from me I always ask, "What do you want to learn?" I try to keep students interested by showing them things they want to learn. I also believe in teaching the basics. Whether you want to take piano or guitar lessons I believe you should learn basic musicianship which includes learning to read simple notes and where those notes are on your instrument, rhythm concepts, and tempo. It's easier than you think! The more you know the more you can teach yourself later on, and the more you can collaborate with other musicians.
After 3 or 6 months of taking lessons with me, students will be able to read basic music notation. They will be able to play songs either by their choosing or mine, they will have self-confidence to play songs in front of an audience/friends, and they will have the knowledge to figure out how to play songs on their own.
*** Specialties ***
I studied classical guitar at Cal State Hayward and have taught different finger picking styles as well as genres such as pop and country.
· Piano · In studio She is very patient with students, organized, reviews the materials and most important makes sure that the students understands. She is fun living and a very sweet person.
· Piano · In studio Very patient, skilled, and knowledgeable. Thanks!
· Piano · In studio Excellent teacher very friendly would definitely recommend...
· Piano · In home Rhonda is great! She works with you to get what you want out of the lesson and is very flexible.
· Piano · In studio She is very patient and kind. She also has pets.
· Guitar · In studio Rhonda was awesome. My son learned all the guitar chords, notes, strums etc very quickly. Highly recommended and we will miss her dogs :)
· Guitar · In home My daughter really enjoys her lessons with Rhonda. She lets her find her own style and is very patient with her.
· Guitar · In studio Rhonda is an excellent teacher! She was very patient with my 5 and 7 year old
learning to play guitar in a brief summer session. We all had a great time together.
· Piano · In home Excellent teacher. Excellent exchange of teacher and student information.
· Piano · In studio Pace was perfect.