- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
*** Studio Equipment ***
I teach on a grand piano in a section of my home.
*** Specialties ***
For singers, I believe it is important for vocalists to be well-rounded musicians; therefore, I teach my students sight singing, music theory, ear training while teaching vocal technique. I am classically trained; however, I have been certified to teach Somatic Voicework (LoVetri Method), which is a method of teaching contemporary and commerical genres of music. I currently perform in a contemporary arena and am well versed in both classical and contemporary styles of singing.
As choir director at Covenant Life School I taught and directed the middle school and high school choirs. I help the 40-60 students in the choir to learn to sing and sign successfully as a group. The choir sang at several performing events as well as traveled for competitions.
In 2009 I attending a 6 credit course at achieved certification in the Somatic Method, which is a style of teaching that help students develop in contemporary styles of singing.
· Piano · In home Even though I have not seen her for several years, I have many wonderful memories of my piano sessions with Mrs. D. I studied with her for about four years, and I learned valuable information and skills that have served me in my later years in piano. Very wonderful person who encouraged and persevered with me and my other siblings who also took from her for a little bit. No doubt any one who takes from Ms. Renee will have a wonderful experience, and I highly recommend her to anyone interested in whatever category she is offering lessons.
· Vocal Training · In studio I studied with Renee, coming to her with no prior training. She provided me with tools and techniques that are useful beyond using my voice for performance. After working with her I not only developed the skills to nail auditions and performances, but also the confidence I needed in order to trust my instrument and my abilities. Now that I am a working artist in NYC I am no longer able to receive her lessons, but she definitely contributed to my development as a singer and overall performer. I highly recommend you schedule a lesson with her. Singers and non-singers alike!
· Classical Voice · In studio Renee taught my daughter voice lessons through most of her high school years. Maggie loved Renee's caring manner and exceptional methods in her own singing and instruction. Renee focuses on each detail regarding her students' progress through her amazing background knowledge of voice instruction and her ability to get along with all types of characters...she holds her students to a high standard of performance and pulls off her work very professionally.