***CURRENT TIME SLOT AVAILABILITY FOR LESSONS IN HANOVER: 1:30, 2:00, 4:30 ONLY
If you need another time slot, please send me a message first and I can let you know if I expect any openings in the near future.***
Join me for piano lessons at my studio space in Hanover on Fridays!
Or join me for online lessons!
What you will need:
An instrument to practice on - either an acoustic piano or a keyboard with weighted keys at home. **Please do not schedule lessons unless you have an instrument.**
Sheet music - students can purchase it through me or from a store or online. We can talk about what kinds of music you like to play or want to learn to play once you sign up for lessons.
How often are lessons?
Once a week for half an hour is ideal, especially for beginners. Please book lessons on a "recurring schedule," not "pay as you go," which, the way the system is set up, will not reserve your time slot.
How often will I have to practice?
For 6 and 7 year olds, generally 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week. For everyone else, at least a half an hour a day will give you the most progress!
What do you specialize in?
My strongest abilities are in classical music, because that is what I have the most experience in, but I can also teach the fundamentals of playing pop and rock music, and good performance, accompaniment, and practice habits.
What happens if I can't come to my scheduled lesson?
Email me, text me, call me and we can see if another time will work. Keep in mind that I only teach at this location on Fridays and your time slot is reserved for just for you. It may be difficult to find another opening, so plan on attending! Missed lessons will still be charged regardless of whether you can make it or not, so it's best to be there!
The cost of lessons not only reserves your spot, but allows me to maintain an effective studio, which includes planning lessons for each individual student, finding and planning music, maintenance of my piano, costs for recitals, and costs of association memberships. Regular attendance is in everyone's best interest :)
What happens if I need to discontinue lessons but already paid for the lessons?
Contact TakeLessons and they will handle that for you.
I teach private piano lessons at Music & Arts. We hold recitals twice a year and even do a separate recital just for adults.
After graduation, I was hired by York College as an accompanist for undergraduate musicians - I accompanied recitals, lessons, the opera, and musicals.
In addition, I have also accompanied musicals in the community, including Music Man, Beauty and the Beast, Les Miserables, and Legally Blonde.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Piano · In studio My son started piano lessons with Lindsey two years ago as a teenager and she continues to keep him motivated. Lindsey has the keen ability to relate to him and offers flexibility and understanding for his demanding school and extracurricular schedule. Lindsey is truly a gifted piano teacher. Her musical skill and constructive method of teaching creates a positive learning environment and keeps him engaged. He looks forward to his lesson each week!
· Piano · In home My daughter, Joey, ABSOLUTELY LOVES HER LESSONS WITH LINDSEY!
· Piano · In studio Lindsey is a great teacher! My daughter looks forward to her lessons and is progressing beautifully. She is a treasure and we are so glad we found her!
· Piano · In studio I am happy to share my experience as a very satisfied piano student of Lindsey's! She is so patient and helpful while I'm learning. With her level of skill, she is teaching me more than just notes, like my form, timing and so much more. She uses a variety of music which keeps me interested and challenged. I highly recommend Lindsey as a teacher to both young, not so young, beginner or some skill as she will make all ages and levels feel at ease while they will truly be taught to play the piano! An awesome teacher!
· Piano · In studio Lindsey is an incredible pianist in her own right and a marvelous music educator. She's dedicated to the musical growth and enjoyment of her students and goes to great lengths to make piano lessons a fun and challenging experience. Can't recommend her highly enough!