With a degree in classical voice and over 10 years of teaching experience, I can help you reach your musical goals! Using proven methods, you can learn the techniques necessary to sing like the pros or make the ivory keys of your piano dance!
My teaching style would be best described as intense and flexible. I'm a total stickler for proper technique and classical learning theory, but I also give my students the power to choose what repertoire they work on. I often tell my pupils, "I don't really care what you're playing or singing, as long as you focus on the fundamentals learned in lessons". I believe students will practice music they like, so I encourage them to pick songs they enjoy hearing. The concept that purposeful learning can be achieved using almost any repertoire is at the core of my teaching philosophy.
I have owned and operated my own music lesson business since 2006.
Private voice and piano instructor.
Private voice and piano instructor.
This certification is rare and granted after participating in an intensive 9 day training program at the prestigious Shenandoah University, the first school in the US to offer CCM-based curriculum. The workshop addresses fundamental anatomy and physiology of the voice as well as associated systems, and how those systems function to sing commercial music in healthy vocal manner. Using the CCM system of teaching voice, I can teach rock, pop, ska, gospel, Broadway, belting, and even vocal fry and growl techniques. It is a unique teaching method designed to bring out the individual qualities of each voice and teach you how to have confidence with every note you sing!
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
· Piano · In studio Rebekah listens to student interests and builds lessons to develop skills. Practice isn't a chore because the student loves the music. She always listens and supports teenagers in way they will listen.
· Singing · In studio Rebekah made a first time voice lesson seem like you were meeting with a old friend. She's seems very knowledgeable and shares it with compassion and a genuine concern for your progress.
· Singing · In home Rebekah was very good with a first time student. She brought my 10 year old out of her shell a bit.
· Singing · In studio Tia takes both Piano and Singing Lessons from Rebekah. She is really good with young children!
Parents of Tia
· Singing · In studio Rebekah knows her stuff and has a great ability to teach. She is just what I was hoping to find when I decided to take some lessons.
· Piano · In studio She took the time to listen and understand where my piano/music experience was - basically zero. Then started with what I knew and low and behold at the end of 30 min she was playing the basic cords and I was singing the song. What a fun time, can't wait till next week. She did give me plenty of homework to get done before our next lesson.
· Piano · In studio My daughter loves Ms. Rebekah. From a parent perspective she is great - she keeps the lesson focused and daughter motivated. Ms Rebekah is patient and flexible too! We would definitely recommend her!
· · Rebekah has been great working with my son on piano. He is always excited to work with her and is actually excited to practice.
· Singing · In studio She is really nice :)
· Singing · In home I went to Rebekah for recreational voice lessons and had a great time singing with her. She was patient, knowledgeable, and very easy to learn from. She always had a good approach to her lessons and different techniques for me to try to remedy any issues I was experiencing until we found the ones that worked best for me.
I would recommend her for anyone looking to take lessons, if you're just starting or have been singing for years!