I love to mentor young creatives between the ages of 5-17 in music and the arts and I thrive in being personable with each of my little musicians. I believe I'm 100% qualified in educating youth in music theory, piano, guitar and visual arts. You got to be versatile with children so they may love the art and the process of playing music. With teaching I also love learning the different development these kids have in music and visual arts and I believe in the importance of adapting my teachings to each students needs. Through my 15 years of studying and teaching Music in both here in the US and in Brazil, my homeland. I've come to realize with the support of my mentors, peers and my family that my niche is to alternatively educate children in the arts for the enrichment of culture. It's vital to me to teach arts in a variety of ways and styles and I'll do so for always with great passion. Music is art and art is good for the growth of your kids So get on board with me and let's Make Music and Create some Art!
*** Lesson Details ***
I have an easy-going, yet structured approach that allows each student to achieve results effectively at his or her own pace. I believe that there is a connection between music, movement and language that intertwine and support each other through the development process. I specialize in teaching all kinds of styles from Classical, Pop,Bossa Nova in guitar, piano and music theory lessons. I Love to emphasize various playing techniques, music theory, ear training, music reading, and more.The materials for teaching varies.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Piano, Books, Metronome, Guitar
*** Travel Equipment ***
note book, assigned books and sheet music assigned
*** Specialties ***
Guitar, Piano, Music Theory and Performance is what we do !
My main goal is to present students with simplified arrangements of standard repertoire concentrating on sight-reading and writing composition as well as playing all sorts of variety of music genres. Use of the metronome is needed, and very often the exercises defy the tendency to play by ear or in the position pattern.We will focus 1/2 of the lesson on repertoire and 1/2 the lesson on the technique. I have my students let me know via email what songs they would like to work on for the weeks lesson a few days prior to the lesson, then I cater the technical study during the lesson to help them learn the song we are working on. It has been proven to be very effective and makes the technique and theory are less uninteresting.
Through good vibes we all learn and grow tremendously so with that said come and Jam with me.
teaching kids and young adults to have fun with music. Both alternative and traditional music playing and writing music is essentially what we do so that all may learn in their own way progressively.
focus on piano and music theory
· Guitar · In home From her 7 year old student: She is a great guitar teacher. I love the songs she is teaching me.
· Piano · In studio she is was great with my girls. very friendly and fun. they loved her and loved the lesson and are really motivated to learn which is all I wanted for them. they got homework which is fun to do for them and they even got to write a song at the end of the lesson. so far everything is great and we really like Priscilla.
· Piano · In home She was delightful and funny. We just love her.
· Piano · In home Priscilla was a very enthusiastic and welcoming instructor for my 6-year old who has never taken piano lessons before. She also had a nice way of introducing her to the piano.
· Guitar · In home Great first lesson!
· Piano · In studio My daughter had her first lesson with Priscilla tonight. She said "She is really fun to work with. She is so positive and kind."
· Guitar · In home My daughter (age 7) loved her first lesson with Priscilla. She is very good with young kids and left my daughter excited for more lessons!
· Piano · In home Priscilla was great for my son's first lesson. He can't wait to go back next week.
· Guitar · In home My son loves guitar lessons with Priscilla. He is 6yrs old and these are his first music lessons. As parents, we are pleased. The only reason that I did not give 5 stars is because we have no other previous experience.
· Piano · In home Due to the snow, I was worried about doing a FaceTime lesson but it worked out really well.