- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I’m classically trained jazz pianist and my teaching method caries the structure of traditional piano lessons as I remain open towards each student's individual way of learning, passion for music, and creativity. In my lessons students would come across genres such as Classical,Jazz, R&B, Folk, Rock among other styles. I also play and teach accordion!
· Piano · In home Plamen is a world-class teacher and player. In the 6 years I studied with him, I transformed from an intermediate classical player into a professional jazz musician. I now teach students of my own and play paid gigs. Playing piano at this level is the most gratifying thing in my life. I can relieve stress and express myself through jazz improvisation, I can entertain and inspire family and friends, and I can earn money doing something I love.
Plamen made this possible through high standards and incredible demonstrations. The crux of improvement is in repeating rhythms, melodies, and voicings that do not come easily. Plamen demanded this repetition because he cared about my development. When he demonstrated a tune, my living room became Carnegie Hall. His mastery meant that I could practice soloing in the higher register, for example, while he played a gorgeous foundation below.
Plamen has imbued my life with music and with pride.
· Piano · My son is nine years old and this is his second year of lessons with Plamen. Plamen has a calm demeanor and is very patient. My son has made good progress in the last two years -- he has moved on from beginner books with pictures and is now playing real pieces. In recitals Plamen's students play a variety of pieces -- sometimes solos and sometimes duets with Plamen -- and he makes all the students sound and feel good. It is a treat to watch the elementary school students introduce themselves and their pieces and then play with skill.
· · After years of not playing the piano, I finally took the plunge to restart and wa fortunate to find Plaman as my teacher. Apart from being a very accomplished performer, he is versed in all musical styles, and possesses tthe skills and empathy necessary to impart his knowledge. Each lesson is both a joy and a challenge. Plaman zones in on what my goals are and presents the appropriate material and instruction to achieve them. He has the wonderful gift of striking just the right balance in how to encourage and criticize constructively. His knowledge in ethnic music, combined with his wonderful skills honed in both classical and jazz has helped me combine my twin loves of Irish music and jazz. Excellent teacher
· Piano · In studio My 13 year-old son has studied with Plamen for four years. Plamen is an outstanding teacher. He encourages with just the right amount of pressure. He is neither too strict nor too lax. When others hear my son play piano, they are especially impressed with the intonation my son expresses-- the piece gets soft, loud, smooth, staccato, etc.,-- this is so much a part of the music and it all comes from Plamen. Plamen is also conscientious with regard to lesson times. He is never late. Once in a blue moon he emails me far in advance asking to reschedule a potential conflict. He is professional, courteous, and very talented.