- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
***My goal as a teacher***
I try to teach what the students are interested in and make it fun and interesting so that they learn the lessons and their favorite songs. Every student is different and needs to be taught in a way that makes learning easy and fun for them.
I have a passion for all people and all ages and am blessed to be able to teach from the very young, (ages 2-5 Toddlermusik lessons) to teens and adults.....all the way to senior citizens. I've had many older students all the way up to a 93 year old gentleman who is taking singing lessons and asked me to put music to his lyrics. We have recorded over 50 songs together.
I started playing trumpet in 5th grade and knew that music was for me. I also liked playing with drums and piano also because they seemed exciting. I've competed in WSMA (Wisconsin School Music Assoc.) for many years which taught me a lot about performing for judges, being relaxed, and the importance of preparation.
I started playing the guitar and bass guitar when I was 13 and have never stopped practicing and performing since. I also have done a lot of writing, recording, producing, and have a Pro Tools Studio for students to use.
***College and Teaching***
I began teaching music lessons in college and enjoyed it very much. I received my B.A. in Music from the University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point. There I was very much involved with guitar, piano, voice, trumpet, and being in bands and writing music. After receiving my B.A. I also took 3 years of Education classes at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. I write, produce, and perform my music along with performing with bands around the Midwest.
***Life in Music***
After receiving my B.A. in Music, I continued teaching and opened up my home studio. After a year and a half I had enough students that I was able to quit my factory job and teach music full time. I've been teaching, performing, and writing music ever since.
***Performing and more***
I have been on stage performing music since I was 11. In school band, marching band, competing in music competitions, and in bands touring the Midwest.
I have recorded many CDs with bands and on my own. My most ambitious project was a CD of my original music called, "Girls". I've performed my music and promoted it by being interviewed on Milwaukee radio stations along with internet music sites such as CD Baby. It is very exciting talking on live radio about my music and my passion. It is also even more exciting, and scary, playing my music live on the radio, lol.
I have been teaching for over 2 decades. Students take lessons for:
* guitar (electric / acoustic)
* music theory / ear training
* studio recording / songwriting
I also give kindermusik lessons to 2-5 year old all the way up to senior citizens 70-93. I play parties, concerts, and Nursing Home performances.
I am experienced as an online (Skype) instructor, and I have taught online lessons worldwide. I've witnessed great results from my online students (both national and international).
I hope I can help you with all of your musical goals and get you going in a positive musical direction.
I have taught music instruction for over 2 decades. I have also written and helped write songs for students. And I have produced and mixed songs using Pro Tools recording studio for students. I have also taught music theory and ear training to students.
*** Classical and Jazz guitar.
*** Voice and choir.
*** Piano and trumpet in band.
*** Music theory
*** Music business.
*** Music History
*** Studio recording and Ear training.
· Harmonica · In studio Good start to my first music lesson in my life
· Guitar · In home Awesome job. Made it fun, easy to understand and listed to what my goals are. Fantastic teacher
· Piano · In studio I've been taking lessons for over 3 years and my teacher is really good at helping me see all my potential. He really wants all the best for his students and they get to make recordings of their songs.
· Singing · Online Very good teacher.
· Harmonica · Online Thank you, Paul!
· Singing · Online In one word ...amazing!
· Piano · In studio This is a great place to take your kid for lessons. he has a great learning plan for children. The kinder music for my 3 year old grandson is awesome. My grandkids love it there. The environment is nice, clean, and safe. There is a waiting area ear shot for the parent or you can get involved. I have noticed great improvement in listening and comprehending with my 7 year old grandchild that has a learning disability. He gets a chance to play all the instruments and is taught something about each one each time he comes. Plus there are instruments for sale if needed. I have even learned something's myself. I would recommend ABBEY MUSIC as a great place to get started and grow
· Songwriting · In home Paul is an excellent teacher. He was kind, patient and willing to work on whatever it was that our daughter wanted to work on. He not only taught her guitar, but helped with her writing and some recording aspects as well. She was a teenager and loved her time she spent with Paul. She has been very successful so far in her music career and it all started with a passionate music teacher.
· Piano · In studio My 6 yr old daughter started taking piano lessens with Paul about 8 months ago and absolutely loves it! He is very knowledgeable and well equipped to accommodate students of all ages as well as a full range of instrumental interests. He takes the time to go beyond just the mechanics of playing the instrument and teaches the true art of hearing and appreciating the music. I highly recommend Abbey Music.
· Piano · In home Paul is a very nice guy he's calm & patient with my grandson My grandson says he like's working with him