I graduated from the University of Colorado with a degree in music education, K-12. Following I spent a year teaching piano and voice in England and then moved back to Colorado and opened a home studio. I have had the privilege to raise my daughter while working in the home as a music teacher. We later moved to Kentucky where I again started a home studio. I now have over 30 years of teaching experience, specializing in piano and voice lessons for beginners to advanced for students of all ages. I also have taught basic guitar.
My teaching style is very "laid back". I am a teacher who desires her students to learn and enjoy piano. The curriculum will be chosen individually for each student and if students are transferring from another teacher, they can use their current curriculum. Beginning students will learn the basics of piano and theory; intermediate students will advance their knowledge of playing and theory.
Students will be invited to participate in a variety of incentive programs throughout the year. We also preform 2-3 times a year at the yearly Formal Recital, Nursing home program, and our Christmas student program.
Hope to meet you soon. I would love to introduce you to the wonderful world of music!
I began playing the organ and piano at our home church at age 13 then went on to play at two other churches for quite a few years of my adult life.
In addition to the weekly role, I was asked to preform at weddings, funerals, and many other social gatherings throughout the years.
I attend two training workshops each year in order to stay on top of the new products and trends in music. These workshop are designed to keep teachers informed and provide resources to enhance the learning experience.
· Piano · In studio Patricia is a very good teacher, she is very responsible and has patience!
· Singing · In home My daughter was very nervous about singing and Patricia helped her feel comfortable and even confident about her upcoming audition! We'll be seeing her in the future!
· Piano · In studio Pat is a wonderful and patient teacher. She works well with all levels of skill and makes taking lessons fun for children. I highly recommend her to anyone wanting to learn the piano.
· Singing · In studio Works with you and is kind and helpful. 10/10 times i would go again. Gets results!
· Singing · In studio Great instructor, very helpful, personable, positive, talented at singing herself, and flexible with scheduling! I am an adult student (with no previous singing experience) wishing to attain what I consider a decent singing voice and have been taking lessons for about 3.5 months now, and am well on my way!
· · A pleasure to work with
Pat is a very kind and patient teacher, she makes me feel comfortable to sing and perform, which helps me to gain confidence. She is very supportive of my musical interest outside of voice lessons as well. Thank you Pat for being such a great teacher!
· Singing · Wonderful
My 8 years old daughter is taking vocal lesson from her. My daughter enjoys her lesson and she likes her a lot. Pat is a wonderful teacher.
· · am enjoying my lessons with patricia.she is a very good teacher, she would be a great teacher for anybody of all ages. I have learned alot from her teaching...
· · mother of a singer
Pat works with my 16 year old daughter and she is wonderful with her. I have already seen a difference in my daughter's capabilities
· · We glad to find you to be Tiffany's piano teacher.She liked to play piano now. You are great teacher.