Nick comes from a family of four generations of music in the GREEK/Balkan repertoire. He graduated from Columbia College of Chicago with a concentration in Music Composition in December of 2009. Currently teaching and performing professionally, Nick enjoys all styles of music, but has been declared as an "old soul" by many of his friends. He enjoys playing lots of Motown, funk, and jazz, but is proficient in Classical, Rock, and Blues as well. When not playing music (rarely), he is a Board member for the GivingBackPack Foundation which provides school supplies to underprivileged children. Nick's dedication to education is shown through his music and his personal volunteer hours, he feels his diverse background gives his students an advantage to a broader perspective of music and theory.
*** Lesson Details ***
I set an individual curriculum based on students needs, wants and aspirations. We will focus on proper technique, theory, musicianship and sightreading to become a better all around musician. After a few months of lessons, you will have the proper fundamentals to grow as a musician and discover the art of music.
*** Studio Equipment ***
All necessities on site.
*** Specialties ***
I am well versed in many styles, I have played professionally and teach, ALL forms of Rock, Jazz, Blues, World (ethnic musics), Pop, Acoustic, Folk, and most other styles.
Since 2006 I have been teaching at various music schools and colleges. If you want more info just ask!
Columbia College Chicago
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Trumpet · In studio I hadn't played the trumpet in 30 years. My first lesson with Nicholas was like starting from scratch. He is very knowledgeable, polite, professional, and definitely patient. I feel that that homework Nicholas assigned was spot on. I'm playing better already after only two days. I would certainly recommend him to a friend.
· Piano · In studio Nicholas really tailored the lessons to what I needed. They weren't cookie-cutter lessons, and I appreciated that. He answered all the questions I had, and helped me understand some concepts that I never would have gotten just learning online. I definitely recommend him as a teacher.
· Guitar · In studio Nicholas was very patient, took the time to write down information that was helpful (very helpful). Nicholas understood where I was in reference to me knowing nothing about the guitar and he is very knowledgeable with the music trade. He was very clear and kept things simple. I truly enjoy his instructions, can't wait for the next lesson.
· Piano · In home Nicholas is very accommodating to a student like me. While I have some background in piano, I'm lacking in key areas. Nicholas is able to tailor his lessons to my lopsided needs. He's also a great guy!
· Guitar · the guy is Awesome!!!!!
I was blown away by the first lesson my son took the professionalism was great he learned more in the one day than his previous teacher taught him he's very passionate about music and how its played and heard. Also the using of proper technique he made me want to sign up and play I RECOMMEND him to all!!!!