I work with each student to come up with a plan which addresses their specific goals. Providing a blend of focused subjects, creative musicianship and music theory. Tailored to the unique expressive qualities and desires of each student. Equipping student's with the tool's necessary to excel and have a solid foundation for a lifetime of enjoyment and exploration in music.
Write and develop new music education courses for guitar instruction. Topics include Bossa Nova, Jazz Improvisation, Fingerstyle Guitar, etc.
Provide piano and guitar instruction to students in their own homes.
Teach private lessons in guitar, composition, piano, musicianship and other topics. Write method books, develop online learning materials, etc.
Provide quality private instruction in the areas of guitar and piano.
During my collaboration with Sax player Mr. Torres we had several residency's at local jazz clubs and resturaunts and were the house band serval nights a week at various venues.
For several years I had the great honor of being a musician in residence with Earl Lavines Jazz combo. Which was the house band at the Kurby House.
During my time at the Great Plains Theatre I works as an orchestra musician in the pit. Working in musical theatre shows.
Broadcast Music Inc. was founded in 1939 by forward-thinkers who wanted to represent songwriters in emerging genres, like jazz, blues and country, and protect the public performances of their music. Operating on a non-profit-making basis, BMI is now the largest music rights organization in the U.S. and is still nurturing new talent and new music.
· Guitar · In studio Excellent teacher with a comprehensive understanding of classical guitar technique.
· Guitar · In home I've known Nathaniel a long time and he is a great guitarist! Highly recommended.
· Bass Guitar · In home Nathaniel taught my son who was a beginning player on the bass guitar. I couldn't be more please with the results. Nathaniel did all the normal teacher stuff--had a plan, had prepared goals, gave music homework, was timely--but on top of that he had a friendly, inviting personality that invited my son to want to spend time learning music. It was Nathaniel's happy, inviting attitude that really made things click during my son's lessons and I'm thankful he was willing to take him in as one of his students.
· Guitar · An Amazing Musican and Instructor
I came to Nathaniel mid-summer 2013 to begin beginner lessons after careful consideration of his skills. He is so accomplished! After adjustments to find the correct guitar (left handed) we finally got down to brass tacks and I have improved so much under his direction. Nathaniel is so patient and always has the right answer when a question is asked. Nathaniel likes putting some humor in with his instruction technique which helps to relax and enjoy the session. Anyone who is looking for a spectacular instructor, Nathaniel is your choice.
· Bass Guitar · Knowledgeable, encouraging, patient, & prompt.
Having come from a very small musical background Nathaniel was extremely helpful in laying down a solid foundation for how to play the guitar and how to view music in general. Nathaniel clearly has a deep understanding of musical theory and performance. His lessons are structured around what you want to pursue, but at a pace and with material that is challenging, fun, and rewarding to complete. If you are looking for a teacher that is serious about music, experienced and poses the ability to help you reach your musical goals, whether that be increasing your aptitude with an instrument or studying complex theory, I would strongly suggest Nathaniel.
· Guitar · Works with you at your level
After several years of off and on self study I decided it was time to take instructor led lessons and Nathanial turned out to be a great teacher. He was willing to make use of the materials I already had. I really neede some work on my right hand technique, but it turned out that I was also strangling the guitar neck with my left hand. He really helped me lighten up my technique for both left and right hands which made playing and practicing much more enjoyable.