- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
* I will consider 30 minute at home lesson.
- Teaches students:
- Ages 18+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
In 2004, I received my master of music degree in piano performance from the New England Conservatory of Music in Boston, Massachusetts. In 2006, I entered the Doctor of Musical Arts program at the University of California, Santa Barbara, with full scholarship in piano performance and worked in the music department as a collaborative piano teaching assistant for four years. I taught both undergraduate and graduate students.
During my sixteen years of teaching, I have trained students of a variety of ages
and ethnic backgrounds in both public and private institutions. As a teacher, I strive to help my students develop a mindful and musical ear by stressing a genuine appreciation for music beyond the mechanics of piano instruction. For advanced students, I challenge them with an increasingly more technical and demanding repertoire. For the past several years, I sought and created opportunities for my students to perform in public and build their confidence, such as music competitions and local concerts.
• Recorded soundtracks for the students to practice.
• Accompanied voice classes and coached the singers
• Taught private lessons on performance technique, music theory and music
• Helped advanced students prepare for music certification and competition.
• Accompanied MadrigalChoir,ACappellaChoir,BelCantoChoir, Concert Choir and Men’s Chorus.
• Performed in school concerts, auditions and choir festivals.
• Transcribed the music and recorded the soundtracks for the singers.
• Coached the singers in rehearsals and performed for all fifteen shows.
• Worked in the University’s Voice Department and was responsible for opera
rehearsals, performances, vocal coaching, staging rehearsals and
• Performed instrumental accompaniments for solo rehearsals, solo
performances, and chamber music recitals.
• Gave private lessons customized to students with varying skill levels.