- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have at least a little experience in everything performance related. You name it - chances are I've done it! The two areas I have the most experience teaching though are acting / audition coaching (I've been teaching this on and off for over 10 years), and vocal coaching / singing lessons. While I am a highly trained singer that can sing anything from Pop, to Broadway to Opera - I am NOT the best accompanist. As long as you are fine working on songs with a pre-recorded accompaniment track, or acapella - I'm the teacher for you! I'm also a former cast member of Walt Disney World and am a skilled puppeteer. I'm a funny / nerdy / silly teacher, so all levels of students will feel welcome. I look forward to teaching you!
· Broadway Singing · In studio Great instructor!
· Musical Theater · In home Monica was great! Very professional, full of knowledge, sweet, funny, prepared and thorough. My son enjoyed his lesson very much and is looking forward to the next.
Monica was a great choice to make as a voice instructor!
· Broadway Singing · In studio I am so glad to have such an experience of voice lesson with her. She is very good, patient and also flexible with schedule.
· Broadway Singing · In studio I've worked with a number of voice teachers and have always really struggled. The fact is: just because someone can sing and has been trained to sing, doesn't mean they can teach. Monica is a teacher almost as much as she is a performer. She THINKS about pedagogy ALL the time, like real teachers do. When she is learning, she is thinking of ways to pass on that knowledge to her students. She puzzles about EACH of her students, crafting lessons for THAT particular student, starting where that student is, and moving them forward in the way that particular student needs to be moved forward. There is no cookie cutter progression of lessons from Monica. This natural spirit of a teacher also shows in the balance she has between real passion to see her students improve (and so the desire to push her students) and TOTAL supportive patience as they move at their own pace. That is a rare skill. Finally, for me, as an actor, I see singing primarily through the lens of the stage and my theater career. Other teachers have TRIED to take that into account by occasionally mentioning it, but Monica ONLY thinks as a stage performer and so EVERYTHING she does is with auditions and performances in mind. This means we don't waste time on songs I can't use or on vocal styles I can't use, and we're always dealing with the practical application to the work I want to do. Monica cares, loves what she does on stage and while she's teaching, SEES her students for who they are and has never yet lost her curiosity for understanding what stands in my way as a singer and how she can best help me overcome it. I'm so grateful that I met her and for the progress as a singer she's helped me attain.
· Singing · In home Great directions and very patient.