I specialize in tap and thoroughly enjoy enriching others lives with the art of dance. I graduated with Honors while majoring in Dance and Choreography at the University of California, Riverside with a Chancellor’s Performance Scholarship in Dance. I toured for two years, traveling around the United States, with the live stage shows “Sesame Street Live,” and “Dragon Tales Live” under VEE Corporation. I am also a member of the Taiko Center of Los Angeles, a Japanese drumming ensemble. And with TCLA, I have united tap and taiko at such venues as the Hollywood Bowl, Ford Theatre, and the Japan American Theatre. Some of my film and television credits include: “187” starring Samuel L. Jackson, “Gilmore Girls,” “Seventh Heaven,” and the “O.C.” In addition, I am pursuing the art of teaching dance and have been teaching since the age of 15 at various institutions such as, the University of Redlands, Riverside Community College, Jane Addams Middle School in Lawndale, Room to Dance in Riverside and Claremont College among others. I am currently teaching at Santa Clarita Ballet Academy, Village Dance Arts in Claremont, The Academy of Music and Movement in La Verne, as well as out of my home dance studio.
Teaching Tap, Ballet, Jazz ages 5 to 17
Choreograph for the Competition Team
Teaching Tap and Jazz ages 5 to 17
Teaching Tap, Jazz and Hip Hop ages 5 to adults
Instructing adults in tap
Taught a tap course to College students during the fall semester
· Tap Dance · Online My son just had his first lesson with Miki and loved it! She was so nice and very encouraging. She's an excellent instructor.
· Tap Dance · Online Miki was well prepared and on time! She tailored the content of my lesson exactly to my requests, explained the material well and presented it in an easy to follow manor. We made use of every minute and I look forward to our next lesson. Excellent!
· Tap Dance · In studio It's such a blessing and a wonderful experience to be a student of hers. I absolutely love the challenges she gives us, the close individual attention she displays to each student, and choreography. She is truly amazing.
· Tap Dance · In studio Ms Miki Amen is AMAZING. She's fun, can dance like no one's business and to boot? Can teach beautifully. She's kind and well versed in so many different areas. I've seen her jazz choreography, and it's gorgeous - I, however, have only taken tap from her. And? I will again! She's great! Now - go get dancing!!
· Tap Dance · In studio Great instructor! A smooth warm-up to kick off class, some across the floor practice differentiated for each dancer's needs, then a routine that is mentally challenging whether you're a beginner or lifelong tapper. I always enjoy her classes:)
· Dance · In studio Miki Amen was my very first Tap teacher i ever had. Through her classes, I have learned technique strategies as well as the importance of performance strategies as a dancer. I have been dancing for a little over a year now, and Miki Amen is the best around. You ask her to do a step, and she will do it right there in front of you. She understands different students learning capacities and values the importance of making a class enjoyable and entertaining. Thank you Miki for impacting my life.
· Tap Dance · In studio I first took group tap class with Miki where adult students ranged from total beginners to advanced dancers who wanted to sharpen their skills. She choreographed innovative dances that could be performed on several levels, plus created an atmosphere where we felt comfortable demonstrating steps individually to show what we'd learned. When a new student started class, she was flexible enough to tailor the night's class to include him or her. I also took private classes to practice our dance for a street performance.
When the group class ended, I began regular private classes. Because of her creative choreography and interesting music choices, it's great fun to practice even basic steps.