MichEal has been playing drums since 1988 and been a drum educator since 2009, and has a practical and patient approach to teaching drumming to his students; he shows how important techniques and exercises apply to the music his students enjoy, so that there is practical application in the real world of drumming and music. He is organized and detailed, but believes in flexibility and making learning and playing fun and creative.
MichEal uses modern technology to enhance the learning process and experience, utilizing both acoustic and electronic drums, audio/video supplements, audio/video recording and online video lessons for students in between lessons. Students get to play on a professional acoustic drum set and learn to play drum beats during the first few lessons and play along to music. MichEal teaches the essential techniques and helps students apply them to the music they enjoy and the goals they desire to fulfill.
• Youth Choirs, Musicals and Tours
• High School Marching Bands (Section Leader)
• Church Orchestras and Praise Bands
• Pop/Rock Bands
• Co-Director of Music (Church - 2004 to 2006)
• Drum Captain (Disneyland Flashback Stage Production - 2014)
• Member of Sabian Education Network (Consultant Joe Bergamini)
• Member of Vic Firth Education Team
• Member of Percussive Arts Society
• Member of D’Addario Education Collective