I am a professional singer and actress with opera and musical theater credits. Singing is my passion! I love to sing, and I LOVE to teach others to sing! The human voice is the most natural instrument of all, and helping others to bring out the beauty of the natural instrument that lies within them is something to which I am very devoted. I like to make students feel comfortable and at ease in lessons, and you will find that I am very warm and friendly!
Every student is unique, with their own strengths, their own areas for improvement, and their own preference for certain styles of singing. I can help you find what style makes your heart sing!
I have a broad range of credits, including the Broadway National Tour of Fiddler On The Roof with Theodore Bikel (Tzeitel understudy), and Off-Broadway in Fiorello (Marie) and The Rose Tattoo (Flora). Among my many regional credits are Oliver at the Chiswick Park Theater in Sudbury, MA (Nancy), Camelot with Noel Harrison at the North Shore Music Theater in Beverly, MA (Nimue/Guinevere understudy), and Is There Life After High School with Desi Arnaz, Jr. and Sharon Lawrence at the Burt Reynolds Theater in Jupiter, FL. I currently hold the post of Soloist at First Church of Christ, Scientist, Needham, and am a Guest Soloist for The Mother Church in Boston. I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music, and have received additional training with many renowned pedagogues, including mezzo-soprano Sondra Kelly, and coaches Arlene Shrut from the Juilliard School, Michelle Alexander with Boston Lyric Opera, and Roger Malouf with the Metropolitan Opera.
Located in Burlington, MA
This is a paid position upon request of service, services are broadcast on the worldwide web. It's The Mother Church in Boston.
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
· Singing · In studio Mia is an absolutely outstanding teacher. I came in for my first lesson horrified to sing, not knowing anything about performing. And in just a few months of learning with Mia I was cast in my first show. Fast forward a few more months and I have been accepted to the college of my choice in their Musical Theater program. In just a year she has helped me achieve my goals that seemed so out of this world to me in the beginning but now are a reality. She is not only amazing at the technical stuff, but she is so genuinely invested in helping you be the best that you can be. She changed my life and I'm so grateful to her.
· Singing · In home She made me feel really comfortable and believe she will be honest regarding my abilities and any limitations I may have. I look forward to working with her!
· Singing · In studio Wonderful!
· Broadway Singing · In studio Great first lesson!
· Singing · In studio Mia is an awesome teacher and a fun person. She is vivacious, expressive and very engaged in learning about you, her student. I haven't been a student in a while and was totally excited by spending time with this lovely artist who clearly knows what she's doing.
I can't wait to go back! I learned so much and want to know more. This is exciting.
· Singing · In home Mia is an amazing, passionate, loving teacher who teaches from the heart! I can't wait to go back!
· Acting · In studio I've been taking classes with Mia for a year now, and she has been the best teacher anyone could ever dream of. I was terrified of trying acting for the first time, I thought because I was starting off late in the game I may be judged, or criticized, but as soon as Mia greeted me she made me feel as though I was immediately family. She is supportive, encouraging, and will give 110% at training you for any type of acting you wish to pursue! She even met with me for multiple classes per week before big auditions. I can proudly say I am now accepted and will be attending my first choice conservatory for a BFA in Contemporary Theater! Mia has the warmest, most beautiful heart of gold that I've ever seen. Thank you for absolutely everything you've done for me, Mia. I can't wait until you can see me in my shows!
· Audition Prep · In home Mia helped me to prepare my audition for a prestigious arts high school. I was shy and nervous, but by the end of my classes with her I was ready to audition. I nailed the audition and was one of twelve to enter the theater program that year. I can't thank Mia enough! She brings a grace and energy to her teaching, along with her incredible experience as a professional performer.
· Singing · In studio I had a great first lesson. She made me feel comfortable. I look forward to my upcoming sessions.
· Singing · In home Mia is the most wonderful combination of warm, gentle, encouraging BUT accurate and firm. My 8 year old daughter can be shy. Mia is able to draw her out in the kindest way. It gives me great joy to see how my fun my daughter is having with Voice, and the confidence she has gained from it!