- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello. My name is Melody Cook. I graduated from Valencia College with an Associate of Arts degree in Piano Performance.
I began learning to play the piano when I was five. As an adult, I pursued other interests for several years, and returned to piano a few years ago. I studied Piano Performance for three years at Valencia college, and completed my degree in May, 2016, having received a GPA of 4.0 in all my classes.
As for my teaching experience, I was home schooled, so I taught some of my younger siblings reading, mathematics, and beginning piano. I have tutored children ages 5- 13 in reading and math. I worked as a daycare teacher off and on for a few years in my twenties, teaching children ages 2- 10. Currently, I am teaching a piano class in an after school program at a middle school, as well as teaching private lessons to all ages.
I spent four years in Russia and helped some of my friends who were learning English as a foreign language.
While in Russia I studied the Russian language at the university for a year, and am proficient enough to teach beginning Russian.
On my profile I stated that I can teach students with special needs. I want to clarify that I do not have training or experience in this area, but I would be happy to try teaching children with special needs. It would be important to me to meet with the parents before the first class to discuss the special need and what I would need to know to be able to teach their child well.
[April, 2016]: I have a few students with ADHD and/or high functioning Autism. They are great piano students! They enjoy playing the piano and do well with it, and I love working with them!
I teach piano class at a middle school during the week as part of the Steinway Society's after school program.
I have also been teaching private piano lessons since October, 2014.
I cared for children ages 2- 13. I prepared and taught lessons, and watched out for the safety of the children during play, meals, and rest times.
I received a certificate of Russian language proficiency while in Russia in 2009.
In 2012 I easily passed a Russian language proficiency exam at the University of Central Florida, waiving the requirement for me to take a foreign language at Valencia College.
· Piano · In studio the progress my girl has had under Melody is palpable. she is very good.
· Piano · In studio First lesson went great! My son really enjoyed the experience and is excited to keep going. At first he thought he wouldn't like going to piano lessons, but now he says he really really likes it!
· Piano · In studio Melody is a great instructor for my 5 year old son, she is very patient and handles him very well. He has learned a ton and loves going to his piano lessons. I highly recommend Melody for children!
· Piano · In home Great at keeping kids' attention and progressing quickly enough to keep their interest.
· Piano · In studio My daughter really enjoyed everytime she has piano lessons.
· Piano · In home My 8 year old son has been taking lessons with Melody for months and he has been progressing very quickly. She has been great and he very much enjoys his lessons.
· Piano · In home Melody is a very patient & encouraging instructor. She ensures you understand the basics & fundamentals so that practicing becomes an enjoyable event instead of a chore.
· Piano · In studio Melody was a great instructor for my beginning 9 year old daughter. She was very patient and soft spoken which allowed my daughter to feel comfortable. She learned a lot and has developed a a love for piano which she hopes to continue. I would highly recommend Melody
· Piano · In studio First of all, I missed the original 8 am since We slept through alarm. Melody was flexible to a rescheduling time. Then Melody provided extra time as we were late with traffic, she went beyond allocated time since there was no student after this session and my son missed few classes.
· Piano · In studio Melody is very patient and kind with my son