- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Melissa L. and I am currently employed by the Cecil County Public Schools as a strings teacher. While traveling from Northeast High School, Cherry Hill Middle School, Gilpin Manor Elementary, Holly Hall Elementary, and Thomson Estate Elementary School, I am also offering private lessons for strings and piano. I have acquired a degree in Music Education with a concentration in violin from the University of Delaware. I have been playing the violin for 21 years and also have been giving private violin lessons for the last 10 years. Although my main concentration is focused on the violin, I also provide private lessons for viola, cello, string bass, and piano.
As an educator, I strive to provide students with the knowledge to become highly skilled and competent musicians. Whether music becomes a hobby or profession, I want my students to appreciate and engage in their learning as aspiring musicians. Music has made such a positive impact on my life, and I hope to inspire my students to love the music that they play. The many years that I have played the violin along with my 9 years of private teaching has given me knowledge of effective techniques to incorporate in my teaching. I hope to be a positive and encouraging role model while engaging my students to their fullest potential as musicians!
*** Lesson Details ***
I am capable of teaching beginner, intermediate, and advanced students for the violin. As for the viola, cello, string bass, and piano, I offer lessons for beginner and intermediate students.
For beginner string students, I start with focusing on the Suzuki Method, along with material from the Sound Innovation series. Beginner piano students will focus on repertoire from Alfred's Basic Piano Library. Further repertoire will vary for intermediate and advanced musicians.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Currently, I will not be taking lessons at my own home, but instead will be doing lessons where I travel to the student's home. I expect my students to provide their own instruments and books. I also expect students to have a music stand for their lessons and individual practice time as well.
For beginner students, I will provide a variety of suggestions when purchasing instruments. There will also be a list of repertoire provided for all levels.
Northeast High School
Cherry Hill Middle School
Thomson Estate Elementary School
Gilpin Manor Elementary School
Holly Hall Elementary School
Also have previously taught at...
Calvert Elementary School
Kenmore Elementary School
Charlestown Elementary School
Leeds Elementary School
4-H Youth Development is an after school program sponsored by the University of Delaware. Our mission is to provide guidance to at-risk students during their transition from elementary schools to secondary schools. As an enrichment coordinate and site assistant, I plan and implement lessons for a variety of subjects such as English, Leadership, Science, Art, and Math.
· Violin · In home Wonderful teacher, knowledgable, kind, and patient. Uses positive reinforcement and has our 5 yr old excited about learning to play. Highly recommend!
· Cello · In studio As a beginner in learning to play the cello and read music.I have learned a great deal through my weekly lessons with Melissa. Every lesson includes presentation of a new skill and a review of previously taught concepts. Melissa effectively provides me feedback about my performance and methods to correct errors. She maintains a high level of rigor and expectation to every lesson. Melissa presents as a very professional instructor with a strong work ethic and dedication to her field.